Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Vol. 10 Ch. 179 - The Mystery of Love Advices

@Sleeper
Bruh, you can't expect someone from a light-hearted school slice of life romcom series like Fushiken to face such danger that the protag has to put his life on the line for. If Anbe-sensei decided to write Fushiken in such a direction with stakes and dangers, you can bet Daisuke WILL do the standard sacrifice routine. I called him a nice guy in the context of the series, so of course his actions to make the girls happy would seem downright plebian compared to your standard action harem protag's "save the girl from danger" acts

@GaoMuscle I get your point, and I don't necessarily disagree, but I would just like to point out that this is a series where hypnotism actually works, curses may or may not be a real thing, one of our heroines has borderline superhuman strength, and another routinely creates chemical weapons that are potent enough to range from exploding, to turning people into functional "zombies". Yes, it's all played for the sake of comedy, but it also means that any of these situations could easily get out of hand and require a similar sacrifice. Stakes, danger, and light-heartedness are not mutually exclusive. One can beget the other, and vice-versa.

But yeah, I see where you're coming from, admittedly.

Dex-chan lover
This gives me a little hope of seeing Chiaki Vs Daisuke.

Users who are viewing this thread