Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Vol. 11 Ch. 203 - The Mystery of Changing Seats

Dex-chan lover
@student4444
assuming there's 25 seats, what are the odds that all 3 of them would score that particular place? do we just 24% 3 times
Let's throw some maths at this problem. If there are 25 seats, and Daisuke is already occupying one of them, that means the chance of drawing one of the three seats next to him is 3/24. Since two seats are now taken, then for the next seat the chance will be 2/23, and for the third 1/22.
Total chance comes to 3/24 * 2/23 * 1/22 or (3*2*1)/(24*23*22) = 6/12144 = 1/2024 or just under 0.05 %

Calculating the chance of drawing three of the five seats next to Daisuke if there are 30 seats total is left as an excercise for the reader!
</teacher>

Dex-chan lover
@SveNo @student4444 that probability means that the 3 girls could be sitting in any order, isn’t it? That is, there is a possibility that Tanaka is not beside Daisuke, but rather behind or diagonal to him.
Since we want to see the probability of a particular position (I take that as meaning the specific combination shown), wouldn’t it be 1/(24*23*22)? Or 1/(29*28*27) if there are 30 students. That assumes we don’t care where they are sitting in the classroom and only the position.
So to be even more specific, if we want the exact location as well, we should multiply the value above by 1/25 for 25 students or 1/30 for 30 students.

Dex-chan lover
@Tds-PdV If we want that specific placement you are correct. I figured that Daisuke's place is already given, and the girls might end up in any configuration in the three nearest seats.

Poor (lucky) Daisuke gets bullied in class all day by cute girls just to go to club later and get bullied by different cute girls.

Fed-Kun's army
If nothing else she's definitely into teasing him (aswell as those associating with him), ofc she wants to sit next to him for maximum amount of opportunities to do so.
(Doesn't hurt he's also extremely patient with helping out when she forgot something, others would've atleast shown a decent degree of frustration/annoyance by now.)

Dex-chan lover
New cover. Where is the chapter in which Chiaki is wearing that ridiculous dress from cover number 9?

My ship has been served with good winds this month.

One Tanaka a day keeps depression away.

i know tanaka is not going to win, but my god how i wish she could.

Users who are viewing this thread