Authopsy of broken links

Dex-chan lover
Recently I had a  problem with my navigator, which caused many of my saved manga tabs to lose their cache, titles, images and such, causing me no end of trouble (about 200 tabs).

Whilst I was re-organizing my pending reads, I ended up getting a broken link which now only leads me towards a "can't find chapter" message.

Thing is, after the "problem", I'm having trouble figuring out which mangas I had been reading and which chapters I was in, so the broken link that only has gibberish in its URL is seriously causing me trouble, a sentiment I imagine many people share.

Is there a way to, at the very least, find out where it used to lead? So that I may at the very least find the manga I had been keeping?

Link is: https://mangadex.org/chapter/e71ec81f-8f8a-429b-9a55-0a53b3939398/1

Dex-chan lover
Nevermind, I ended up using the pathing history from my navigator to find it, turns out it was Seoul Station Necromancer, and it was in a chapter that, for some reason, dissappeared alongside about other 40 more from that series.

Whilst my problem may have been solved, it bring out the topic about fixing broken links and how to, at the very least, find out where they used to lead.

It would be a nice feature to have.

Contributor
Recently I had a  problem with my navigator, which caused many of my saved manga tabs to lose their cache, titles, images and such, causing me no end of trouble (about 200 tabs).

Whilst I was re-organizing my pending reads, I ended up getting a broken link which now only leads me towards a "can't find chapter" message.

Thing is, after the "problem", I'm having trouble figuring out which mangas I had been reading and which chapters I was in, so the broken link that only has gibberish in its URL is seriously causing me trouble, a sentiment I imagine many people share.

Is there a way to, at the very least, find out where it used to lead? So that I may at the very least find the manga I had been keeping?

Link is: https://mangadex.org/chapter/e71ec81f-8f8a-429b-9a55-0a53b3939398/1

Only old links to titles are guaranteed to work, and even then you may find cases where the old link points to something no longer available.

It was already stated that support for old chapter links was never going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread