Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
You know what I love more than anything else? Work! work is the only thing that matters, the company is my life and the company owns my life and that's how it should be, I will work until I die or the company fires me for being too old to work and then I will die for not being able to work, nothing else matters.

Dex-chan lover
She worked on both, yeah, but saying it was dropped implies something that didn't happen. That's why I asked. "Dropped" makes it seem like she stopped working on Black & White permanently.

How'd you like "Black & White" BTW?
That manga made me discover shit about myself that I didn't knew I liked. Also, the political office drama was on point.

Aggregator gang
i get that hiroko is just trying to protect ayaka from the same thing that happened to her before, but she doesnt realize that ayaka neither wants nor needs that type of protection
but im sure she'll have no choice but to accept it very soon, knowing how ayaka is, she wont give up anyway
And this is 100% why I don't believe there is a possible way for there to be a function romantic relationship between Hiroko and Ayaka.
At this point they should NOT be a couple.

Dex-chan lover
Ayaka. She kissed and dipped. Just let her be old, alone, and miserable like she wants. She isn't worth all this effort.

Hiroko hasn't grown at all as a character since chapter 1. I wonder what bullshit the author cooks up next chapter to make them magically a couple. Whatever it is, it probably won't be believable

Dex-chan lover
This whole " OMG WORK AND DEDICATION SO IMPORTANT" doesn't really resonate with people anymore does it? I wish we could move on from this shit already for properly thought out conflicts.

Dex-chan lover
My fucking God I can't wait for this to end, alongside Ayaka's suffering.
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
This whole " OMG WORK AND DEDICATION SO IMPORTANT" doesn't really resonate with people anymore does it? I wish we could move on from this shit already for properly thought out conflicts.
Agreed, the issue is that Japan is very hammered in work slavery loyalty culture.

Obedience and loyalty to your bosses above all else, do not complain, do not talk back, do not doubt, do not stick out.

Obey and shut the fuck up you lowly peon, and be happy when your health crumbles and you lose your social connections with your friends and family cause of dedicating everything to your corpo overlords.

Then say "thank you" with a smile when your bosses dump you to the side of the road like discarded trash.

Fun eh? :fml:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"the façade I built up over the years"
925.jpg_large

woman, you have dedicated a ton of your energy and skill to this and you are being rewarded for it, stop acting like you never wanted to exist like this considering you did not decide to do this job out of love for a superior and watch them take the fall and only fell in love after performing well and making good choices

such odd character development 2 chapters from end to have such a crisis more fit for a 18 year old working at their dad's plant for 2 years after school

Dex-chan lover
Don't falter, Ayaka! You have proof she likes you now. Nothing can stop you!!!

Dex-chan lover
"the façade I built up over the years"
925.jpg_large

woman, you have dedicated a ton of your energy and skill to this and you are being rewarded for it, stop acting like you never wanted to exist like this considering you did not decide to do this job out of love for a superior and watch them take the fall and only fell in love after performing well and making good choices

such odd character development 2 chapters from end to have such a crisis more fit for a 18 year old working at their dad's plant for 2 years after school
I don't know if I'm understanding your comment right, so let me know if I'm not.

The point is that she did want this facade, originally (or accepted that this was what was needed to succeed) but now is second guessing all of that because of Ayaka. She says that she chose to do this, in this very chapter right after your quote. Then she wonders why she's getting cold feet now--all this while an image of Ayaka is in the background and Ayaka suddenly pops up in front of her.

She has no issue with the facade, really. She has an issue with her growing feelings for Ayaka. If Ayaka wasn't there, she'd take the promotion without issue. Ayaka has made her second guess everything, including her views of the workplace and whether her "facade strategy" was right. But it's not that easy to let go of long held beliefs especially since, as you said, her beliefs have led to her success. It's easy to think "why rock the boat when it's never sunk?" Ayaka's tenacity has forced Hiroko to seriously question 13+ years of life lessons, and that's not always an easy or quick thing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Haha Same. Still wish we got proper TLs of that. People's heads would explode. Essays would be written.
NGL I think I might pre-order Vol 2 from Seven Seas but... I might move to a different place and I'm scared I'll forget by February of next year and it's gonna get send to my old address. Having said that... THERE'S A VOLUME 3 WTF?

Dex-chan lover
NGL I think I might pre-order Vol 2 from Seven Seas but... I might move to a different place and I'm scared I'll forget by February of next year and it's gonna get send to my old address. Having said that... THERE'S A VOLUME 3 WTF?
Yeah lol it's a completed series now. 3 volumes like this one. Sal always does shorter series, which is great for me.

Dex-chan lover
Remember. Sal Jiang dropped Black & White for this.

Which is not bad, but it makes me sad how they are trying to squeeze more conflict in the final run. Well, at least is believable.
Wait, you're telling me that Black and White was cancelled, dropped, won't be finished? Oooohhhh man 😮‍💨

Users who are viewing this thread