Ayakashi Triangle

Dex-chan lover
@thatother1dude
that dude has an girlfriend, how in hell will he well now she suddenly wanna have anything to do with sausages? lol just cuz his gender got changed doesn’t automaticaly change her sexuality

Supporter
I’m saying there are many manga where that happened, not that it will happen here.

And putting aside the arbitrary effects of a magic transformation, being in love with a girl doesn’t prevent you from also being attracted to boy.

Dex-chan lover
@whodoo
Interesting. I'll think about viz.com. Mangaplus is utter garbage. Filled with ads, viruses and tracking, just like Mangakiss and even country blocks me.

Dex-chan lover
The people who are worried about the MC staying female and/or getting a bf are thinking of Boku Girl or the childhood body swap manga whose name escapes me. Can't really think of anyother manga/anime that did that type of ending, only hentai in general and VNs.

Dex-chan lover
@MedNed "the childhood body swap manga whose name escapes me" Shishunki Bitter Change? https://mangadex.org/title/10848/shishunki-bitter-change

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't this have the yuri tag?
It's pretty clear the heroine is attracted to the MC as both a guy and a girl, and the story's literally bending backwards into itself to force the genderbend part so it's pretty clear he's gonna stay a girl throughout the story.

Don't stories that have romantic tension between two girls need the shoujo ai tag or yuri tag? I could've avoided this if it was tagged properly.

EDIT: Reading further into the story(cause the art's good), the genderbend is quite malicious in an offensive way actually. Like I'm cishet and I hate the implication. The heroine wants the transgender to be male because it's the only way their relationship will work. Like... no that's not the case. The show puts an effort to show that she's still sexually attracted to him as a girl so I have no clue why the story is forcing the idea that "he has to be a guy for there to be a relationship."

It's a kick in the face to homosexuals, while reveling in the fanservice of lesbian romance.

And what's with the triangle in the name of the manga? This isn't a triangle. There aren't just 3 actors at play here. The romantic drama is ass since the author's clearly set up strong romantic emotions between the two leads. To the point that anyone pulling anyone away is a pipe dream. It wasn't left ambiguous. Heroine is a huge horndog that'd be down with boning if transgender asked so she's completely fallen. Transgender likes heroine and has stated so explicitly. They've got no experience with romance but their feelings for the heroine aren't any less than hers. For romantic drama to work you need to have some doubt play a factor. Heck Komi-san does this better... Here, any romantic drama is a joke. There's no tension when it's brought up and it's brought up CONSTANTLY.

Action, art and general world design are pretty great though.

@MedNed
"The people who are worried about the MC staying female and/or getting a bf are thinking of Boku Girl or the childhood body swap manga whose name escapes me. Can't really think of anyother manga/anime that did that type of ending, only hentai in general and VNs."
As someone who has read an alarming amount of gender bender, I can guarantee that more than half end with the MC remaining female and getting a boyfriend/husband.
You mentioned Boku girl and (presumably) Shishunki bitter change (which doesn't actually end like that), but there's also the Mizuki one with the angel and mangaka mother who is too accepting, and the one with the Prince of a galactic empire and weird brother who's too sexually attracted to his brother, even before the change. Another, one with a really girly boy and really boystrous girl who get bodyswapped because of a cautionless genius scientist grandfather. This one had an alternate ending, but the cannon ending was with the MC staying a girl. I could probably describe 10 more that I've read, but I'm not a human library. Also sorry for not naming them. I'm terrible with names.

Boku Girl was notoriously bad in that aspect because MC was supposedly already in love with a GIRL right at the first chapter but the author had to simply throw that away for absolutely no reason, so I understand the fear here

I dont think Yabuki will he stupid enough to repeat that mistake and pair him with Sharkbro tho, the romance between Matsuri and Suzu is much better executed here

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't this have the yuri tag?
It's pretty clear the heroine is attracted to the MC as both a guy and a girl, and the story's literally bending backwards into itself to force the genderbend part so it's pretty clear he's gonna stay a girl throughout the story.

Don't stories that have romantic tension between two girls need the shoujo ai tag or yuri tag? I could've avoided this if it was tagged properly.

EDIT: Reading further into the story(cause the art's good), the genderbend is quite malicious in an offensive way actually. Like I'm cishet and I hate the implication. The heroine wants the transgender to be male because it's the only way their relationship will work. Like... no that's not the case. The show puts an effort to show that she's still sexually attracted to him as a girl so I have no clue why the story is forcing the idea that "he has to be a guy for there to be a relationship."

It's a kick in the face to homosexuals, while reveling in the fanservice of lesbian romance.

And what's with the triangle in the name of the manga? This isn't a triangle. There aren't just 3 actors at play here. The romantic drama is ass since the author's clearly set up strong romantic emotions between the two leads. To the point that anyone pulling anyone away is a pipe dream. It wasn't left ambiguous. Heroine is a huge horndog that'd be down with boning if transgender asked so she's completely fallen. Transgender likes heroine and has stated so explicitly. They've got no experience with romance but their feelings for the heroine aren't any less than hers. For romantic drama to work you need to have some doubt play a factor. Heck Komi-san does this better... Here, any romantic drama is a joke. There's no tension when it's brought up and it's brought up CONSTANTLY.

Action, art and general world design are pretty great though.
It's one of the most sickening parts of Japanese culture. Constantly trivializing the concept of homosexual relationships as well as a not so well disguised sense of disgust towards them which is par for the course in a highly conservative country. What give it their own special type of screwed up flair is the sheer immaturity they assign LGBTQ and the infantilization of those that don't "fall in line and do the normal thing". It's insidious, it's wretched, it's so so horrid.

The worst part about it is that they write this type of shit like you said, while exploiting the fanservice and intimacy of a homosexual relationship.

Dex-chan lover
It's one of the most sickening parts of Japanese culture. Constantly trivializing the concept of homosexual relationships as well as a not so well disguised sense of disgust towards them which is par for the course in a highly conservative country. What give it their own special type of screwed up flair is the sheer immaturity they assign LGBTQ and the infantilization of those that don't "fall in line and do the normal thing". It's insidious, it's wretched, it's so so horrid.

The worst part about it is that they write this type of shit like you said, while exploiting the fanservice and intimacy of a homosexual relationship.
I mean... yeah I agree with everything you just said.
I still think it's a gay relationship and should be tagged as such though.

Users who are viewing this thread