Azadarake no Classmate ga Shinpai de - Vol. 1 Ch. 36

Contributor
I'm surprised they didn't at least try to keep in touch. No long-distance relationship through 5 years of separation even though they technically started going out before the attack. Assuming they were 16 at this time, then post-time skip they'd be 21 and he'd be in college (hopefully she is, too).

She wasn't banned from owning a phone or anything, right? I guess he didn't have the money to spare and get her one, and I guess his parents didn't approve of their relationship at this time so he couldn't borrow money from them?

I want a happy ending with them together, but I feel like this author can just as easily go the bittersweet route after 5 years of no contact between these two...

Aggregator gang
Japan's legal system barely does anything to these types of people. And five years is the most common span of time for people like her mother stay in prison.

"For example, three quarters of all defendants in r-pe cases were sentenced to prison terms of 2 to 3 years and about one half were granted suspensions, although the statutory provision for r-pe is imprisonment for 2 to 15 years." ( https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-l...japan-unafei-united-nations-asia-and-far-east )
Assault: This may entail imprisonment with work for not more than two years, a fine of not more than JPY 300,000, or misdemeanor imprisonment without work or a petty fine. Injury: This may entail imprisonment with work for not more than 15 years or a fine of not more than JPY 500,000.
( https://resourcehub.bakermckenzie.com/bg-bg/resources/fighting-domestic-violence/asia/japan/topics/5-prosecutorial-considerations#:~:text=Assault: This may entail imprisonment,not more than JPY 500,000. )
Distribution, etc. of Child P-rn-graphy. 1. A person who distributes, sells, lends as a business, or displays in public, child p-rn-graphy shall be punished with imprisonment with labor for not more than three years or a fine not exceeding three million yen.
( https://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/WEBTEXT/53924/65175/E99J#:~:text=Distribution, etc.,not exceeding three million yen. )
How about the attempted murder of the MC? Ya'd think stabbing a high school boy nearly to death would mean something.

Group Leader
How about the attempted murder of the MC? Ya'd think stabbing a high school boy nearly to death would mean something.
( i think) It wouldn't change much

"The Japanese court has formed more detailed sentencing standards through practice, referred to as 'market price in sentencing.' To clarify these standards, research has been done, tabulating the sentences between 1966 and 1976, for the offenses of accomplished and attempted homicide, infanticide, parricide, r-pe, bodily injury, and robbery and theft. The data revealed that, in general, the rates of suspension have gradually increased and terms of sentence have been shortened every year. Thus, characteristics of Japanese sentencing are extensive use of short-term imprisonment and suspension thereof, and the tendency to employ more lenient sentences. For example, three quarters of all defendants in r-pe cases were sentenced to prison terms of 2 to 3 years and about one half were granted suspensions, although the statutory provision for rape is imprisonment for 2 to 15 years."

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-l...japan-unafei-united-nations-asia-and-far-east

Also

"Like most developed countries, Japan has a process for insanity pleas in homicide cases. If a defendant is found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity, the defendant is committed to legally mandated hospitalization."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_Japanese_law

Group Leader
I'm surprised they didn't at least try to keep in touch. No long-distance relationship through 5 years of separation even though they technically started going out before the attack. Assuming they were 16 at this time, then post-time skip they'd be 21 and he'd be in college (hopefully she is, too).

She wasn't banned from owning a phone or anything, right? I guess he didn't have the money to spare and get her one, and I guess his parents didn't approve of their relationship at this time so he couldn't borrow money from them?

I want a happy ending with them together, but I feel like this author can just as easily go the bittersweet route after 5 years of no contact between these two...
Thank god you haven't seen the fanbox sidestory

Contributor
Thank god you haven't seen the fanbox sidestory
If you mean the fanbox exclusives that are also being uploaded here on a different page, I've already seen those. I just don't want to make references to such content that's not included in this version of the story. If it's never referenced on this side of the story, I won't say anything about it. I also don't enjoy trying to spoil other people.

Double-page supporter
I HATE THIS DUMB LOGIC, THERE IS NO REASON FOR THEM TO NOT SEE EACH OTHER FOR 5 FUCKING YEARS

Users who are viewing this thread