BACK TO THE Kaasan - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - Back to the Kaa-san

Dex-chan lover
What the... I realized that the manga is basically the first paragraph of The Time Traveler's Wife...

Oh well, ending still sucks. Poor Hanada.

Double-page supporter
It was a bittersweet ending for sure, but at least the author wrapped up the loose plot threads pretty decently (considering it was a time travel story and all).

(While I doubt something official would come out to confirm/deny it (so basically is relegated to headcanon), but based on the jump back to 10 years in the future for Hanada, theoretically they could get back together since it seemed he still remembered her to some degree deja-vu like. It's not that huge of age gap.)

Also, just realized the other work the author did (which I also really liked), I knew something seemed familiar about the art style and narrative style.

Double-page supporter
The ending is a pretty clear happy ending though : They both aren't the type to give up on the things they love and even if Yuu never remembers her, she's already chasing him down.

The bittersweet ending would have been them finally being reunited at the hospital without him having the possibility to jump back one last time.

Contributor
They're not together, but there's no way that Hanada wouldn't leave Yuu alone.

@Ferrenia

Oh.... Shet..... that bit about Hanada is actually right.

You are right. I totally missed the part where Hanada time traveled into the future, got saved. She probably did not go back to the past given what we know.

Dex-chan lover
BRING OUR OLD PROTAGONIST BACK!!! I DON'T WANT NO good protagonist!!
And did he come back to make her not turn into that monster like thing?? I guess so...

JAPAN JUST CAN'T LET NICE THINGS BE NICE THINGS. ALWAYS WITH THESE FUCKING BITTERSWEET ENDINGS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Banned
I thought he would overcome the boundaries and become a MILF-banging protagonist

Hanada is FUCKING BEST girl and I will fight anyone at THEIR local sonic if they disagree! BEST. GIRL! FUCK MY HEART!

Fed-Kun's army
You know, unless the Yuu of the fixed timeline learns the entire journey of timeslip Yuu, Hanada would only be falling in love with a boy who only has the spitting image of him.

Also, Hanada's son from the original timeline (black-skinned cig smoker Ryou, Chapter 2) is retgone. The ENTIRE purpose of Hanada's original husband and son was to destroy the original Kerolian and make Yuu continue using his timeslip powers, go figure.

Im happy they got together *in the last episodes and i know that loves between times is very complicated and impossible but yeah thanks for the amazing story and beautiful drawing :)

Dex-chan lover
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHYYYYYYYY!!!!! NOT MY HANADAAAAA!!!!! FUCK THIS SHIT! I HATE THIS! MANNNNN WHY IT SHOULD BE BITTER AND HURTY, WHY!!!!!

Average, ending meh AF, but the plot and build up is very good, and playing the emotion like 11/9

Users who are viewing this thread