Back to You - Ch. 13

I wouldn’t stand up for her. If she was truly a friend she wouldn’t have cut mc off like that but instead take it into consideration or just tell her it’s not the case. Even after mc helped her a lot but she was still..

I don’t know about them maybe being besties in the future

Jaehuyn is such a good natured person. He's so introspective and mature while still being a teenager. I feel like he doesn't get enough love from the commenters.

Dex-chan lover
Sadly, people losing friendships because their friend is giving them advice is all too true.
Hayoung's crush is a sweetheart, no wonder she's crushing on him even harder lol

Thank you for the quick update. This story is so cute. I hope she's able to help her friend by calling the shitty bf out

I know the girl was being stubborn, blind, and annoying, but I still kinda feel bad for her. She was kinda manipulated by the guy. He said he felt uncomfortable receiving the gifts, but he still took them. He could have just told her to no thanks, but noooooooooo. I think he's only saying these things because some other pretty girl is confronting him, and he doesn't want to look bad. If the other girl didn't, he would probably keep leeching of the girl.

This is a girl who was helplessly in love who couldn’t really see reality as it was and that’s understandable and human of her. It’s also possible that she is seeking out attention from him because she lacks that in her family. She couldn’t accept the fact that she was being used. The way she went off on Hayoung is reflective of her age she must get it from a lot of her elders. Being told what to do, belittled by her choices - it makes sense she acted out. After this, she’ll see reality as it is. And after this I hope she becomes happy, she hasn’t done anything creepy or mean to hurt people. She just wants to be accepted and loved. I think that should start with friendship.

Although Hayoung is clearly right about the guy, she has been giving unsolicited advice. Even her well meaning attempts to be friendly with her classmate has been met with lukewarm feelings at best. I think there’s a lack of trust there and she needs to do more to repair that friendship than to speak poorly about her friend’s choices, like going out with an asshole. I’m getting the feeling that she probably heard enough criticism from her family.

That’s why I never interfere with my friend’s relationships. It never ends well, just keep out of it

This webtoon is so melancholy. I want things to end well, I want this second chance to be the fix-all, I want them all to be happy (and NOT dead, thank you very much) but I don't think that will be the case.
As for Aran and Hayoung... Honestly, it's so complicated. I think it's important for friends to point these things out. A friend who cares will tell the hard truth but also be there for their friend no matter what they choose and be there for the fallout. So if Hayoung makes sure she is there for Aran now, that will be good.
As for HOW Hayoung said the things... I don't think she should have put the blame on Aran ('choose better guys') but instead told her calmly that she is worried about her and why the guy worries her. That's a much better approach when saying something the other person does not want to hear.

Fucking bastard is going easy on the guy. And although Aran's attitude is accurate and understandable, I am still disappointed in her. But it's not my place to criticize, and I'm looking forward to their friendship growing, so I'll shut up for now.

Users who are viewing this thread