Baikoku Kikan - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I started reading a story 1/4 of a way through. There's real lack of easing the reader into the story here.

@OniBarubary

That too, but lying out of fear of further torture will inevitably bring more torture (or worse) when they notice you lied.

Still, so far it's only crude waterboarding and whatever serum Jolanta used in this chapter. As sick as it may sound, I expect worse shit in future chapters, not out of sadism but for consistency sake - they make the Opera House look like the Gestapo, have them act the part.

Dex-chan lover
True, but people will do a fucking lot of stupid stuff to get out of being hurt. Think about all the times people lie to put off something that was going to happen anyways or worse but they did it anyways knowing that. Hell, people do that shit in relationships lol. Can speak from experience on that one.

Yeah, they need to go full tilt with this. If they're going to make these characters go full Gestapo you can't half-ass it and try to paint it in anything but what it is.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh? The new sergeant (Gustaw), is he the veteran sergeant from chapter 2? The one who was missing a leg?
The thing he has on his left leg in this chapter might be a prosthetic leg then. (and it seems to be on his leg at the right height on what was left of that same left).

Dex-chan lover
I get the distinct impression that she did not let the kids go out of the kindness of her heart, and that this other guy is either a moron for thinking she went soft and he has to clean up after her or doesn't want to be found at the other end of her investigation. She probably sent them back out into the wild to see where they return to, y'know? Cut 'em "loose" and follow the dumb bastards right back to the ones who were organizing the protest, catch some bigger fish.

Users who are viewing this thread