Baki Rahen - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Authority, Force, Wealth

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 9, 2020
Messages
900
idc about what's going on in the comment section this chapter is clearly itagaki venting about how his swiss army knife got taken by airport security
me too, man. shit sucks
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
772
In the first part of the manga we watched as Jack is growing himself into a fighter worthy of Yujiro's attention. Later we get chapters of Yujiro still doing fuck-all to just to test himself and try to find anything that could truly challenge him (like Baki did). Now we get Baki doing the type of shit Yujiro does in his spare time to show that he's on THAT level as well. Something's definitely cooking, but I still can't figure out what...
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
374
Gee, thanks, really glad to hear that's the kind of reading the work we put in is getting.

I don't think it's about right or wrong. Plenty of people like Rahen, plenty don't. If someone doesn't like it, my only question is why keep reading so actively? I hardly see anyone letting chapters pile up to read all at once. Keeping up to date with something you know you don't really like just seems banally masochistic, so I can't understand it.
He just expressed his opinion that the story progression has become dull and out of ideas.
Why he shouldn't? And he's quite right too.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 18, 2018
Messages
306
It may be because I'm Baki Biased, but I'd much rather have 10 Baki chapters than 10 Yujiro Chapters. Look at this, guy hijacks a plane cuz a security guy says he can't and he says "Bet!"
I'd say this makes me worried he's slowly turning into his dad, but to be fair, this is the guy who kidnapped a president, which had a whole purpose of its own. He acts crazy, but with a reason.
More Baki please, I know this it the Jack Arc, but I've been Baki-Starved.
The series is called "Baki" after all. I'll take Baki casually fucking around and being a weirdo instead of having him be a background character in his own series.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 18, 2018
Messages
728
Baki beats the TSA. Yujiro, of course, doesn't need to fly in planes, he just flaps his arms really fast. Some day you'll catch up to your old man Baki.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2026
Messages
1
A lot of what people are doing isn't criticism, it's just bland statements of their dislike. My other suggestion rather than dropping it is to put it on hold and let chapters pile up either until you feel like revisiting or hear about a development that interests you.


It's not so much that I took it as a critique of the work, but more that it just feels a bit sour to hear someone admit they aren't even really reading properly when I already more often than not feel like that's how a majority of the fanbase read the manga. We're putting the absolute most we can into it only for a lot of people to skim through it, paying no real mind to the script that's been very finely tuned and cared for by our translator for the series.
Blame the content for not being read worthy, not the fans who don't want to read boring filler. It's not like you as the translator can make the content of these chapters any less boring and meaningless than they are.
 
Fed-Kun's army
Joined
May 25, 2024
Messages
81
idc about what's going on in the comment section this chapter is clearly itagaki venting about how his swiss army knife got taken by airport security
me too, man. shit sucks
This happened to me too as an 8yo, dude said they'd keep it in a box 'til I got back in a month to pick it up. A month later I asked and they said there was no such box...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top