Ballpark de Tsukamaete! - Vol. 2 Ch. 20 - Transforming

Dex-chan lover
Howdy y'all Kiwi here!

I've decided to pick up this series for the time being. For now, I'll be working through the end of the second volume, and then I'll decide whether to pick it up from there.
This one was a doozy to work on (and it didn't help I had to take a break for personal reasons), but I finally got it sorted and now it's here! I love this series so far, and I'm excited to be working on this. I'll probably try to work on this monthly as a secondary project to my other series. I don't really have a whole lot more to say this time around, please look forward to this again!

P.S. Did you guys notice Yamada-chan on page 4? I didn't even notice myself until I was typesetting!
🙏
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Dex-chan lover
Didn't check carefully, only quickly skimmed thru' the thing but I guess MTL somewhat got the gist of everything. All in all it's fairly simple language with this manga so that's a low bar to cross.

ZSCrk4w.png

じっ is not jeez, じー is always used as the SFX for staring. That would explain the next few panels.
oJ3XnVP.png

Group Leader
Didn't check carefully, only quickly skimmed thru' the thing but I guess MTL somewhat got the gist of everything. All in all it's fairly simple language with this manga so that's a low bar to cross.

ZSCrk4w.png

じっ is not jeez, じー is always used as the SFX for staring. That would explain the next few panels.
oJ3XnVP.png
It has been a pain in some spots. Specifically the last text panel on page 10 which stumped me so hard I took a break.

I struggle with sfx a lot of the time and I have yet to find a good resource to use to get them accurate (which is why I avoid doing most of the sfx.) it did seem out of place at the time, but made more sense than other translations I got. I’ll go back and fix that here in a bit once I’m back at my PC. Thanks for your clarification!

Contributor
Thank you so much for picking this up! Now I can get my adult gyaru fix...

Oh boy, this chapter really hit the spot going back to Ruriko, Murata (and Natsuno) after a long time with that last one shining a spotlight on the announcer Nagisa and her uhm, favorite baseball player Ken. I love that Sara, Kohinata and Aona were peeking at Ruriko flirting with Murata. They know.

@NotKiwiBird Since you intend to continue working on this, I would highly recommend making a group here on MD as well (even a 1-person group is fine), so that info on your releases can be submitted to MangaUpdates (site rules there don't accept "No Group" releases...). That way, more people will know that scanlation work on this manga has resumed. If you do decide to make one, also don't forget to claim the group to be granted Group Leader role, following the instructions.

Group Leader
Thank you so much for picking this up! Now I can get my adult gyaru fix...

Oh boy, this chapter really hit the spot going back to Ruriko, Murata (and Natsuno) after a long time with that last one shining a spotlight on the announcer Nagisa and her uhm, favorite baseball player Ken. I love that Sara, Kohinata and Aona were peeking at Ruriko flirting with Murata. They know.

@NotKiwiBird Since you intend to continue working on this, I would highly recommend making a group here on MD as well (even a 1-person group is fine), so that info on your releases can be submitted to MangaUpdates (site rules there don't accept "No Group" releases...). That way, more people will know that scanlation work on this manga has resumed. If you do decide to make one, also don't forget to claim the group to be granted Group Leader role, following the instructions.
I was planning on it but could never settle on a group name… if you’ve got any suggestions let me know! I tried adding the chapters for my other project to mangaupdates before realizing.

Group Leader
This was a surprise to see this pop up in my follows list. Decides to check the raws to see how many chapters there are & notices this is at chapter 133!!

Whelp good luck to you @NotKiwiBird & thanks for the chapter.
I knew going in that this was going to be a long ride. (10 volumes when I checked!) I get the feeling I’ll never catch up to the raws as long as the series is ongoing.

Users who are viewing this thread