Bandai Kaname wa Asobitai - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Bandai Kaname Wants to Play

Fed-Kun's army
Screw these 1 room setting gimicky Rom-Coms that last only 3 volumes.
I'm tired of wasting time on them and I liked this one too. Worst part is that no ending would be satisfying.
Pick a girl and half the fans riot.
Picking no one is such a lukewarm ending.
It's a lose-lose situation

Thanks for the translate!

But yeah, ending sucks and a harem ending would be better tho.

Dex-chan lover
Yikes, that was a terrible ending. I mean, not School Rumble-level terrible, but still terrible.

Dex-chan lover
@animepig
Author could have just never introduced a love rival in the first place, then no girl could "lose", he just had to reciprocate feelings.

Dex-chan lover
Before people think “nothing is resolved” There is literally nothing to resolve

This was more about them playing these old games not romance

If you were expecting him to actually date someone for a couple chapters you were not the intended audience for this

Dex-chan lover
I actually kinda like this ending, but it seems a bit sudden. Ah well, as usual, we know who's behind this...

https://toppng.com/uploads/preview/minecraft-diamond-axe-png-png-transparent-moraine-lake-11563500293qdzzrlk2bx.png

I will say that I like the idea that they just keep playing games like buds, carrying on as they always had like a bunch of dorks. That's what MC wanted because it gave him an outlet, and in his eyes being forced to choose between two people he cared very deeply for was probably a bad move he didn't want to make. So they'll wait instead of rushing into anything. I think that's respectable in its own way.

Dang I did enjoy this one thoroughly. weak ending but I guess I have to live with that.

Dex-chan lover
@Freestyle
Nope, author added a love component, therefore it was something that was important. The author could have easily kept them as just a group of friends that like playing games.

Dex-chan lover
For a normal story ending, I would give this about a 3 on a scale of 0 to 10. But this is a manga ending, so it is graded on a curve.

About half of manga endings are bad. They are rushed, pair up the wrong two people, or are just thoroughly awful.
Another third of endings are like this one. They author either just stops and says "Fin", or they leave the primary story question unanswered.
And only about one-sixth of manga endings are actually good. Mind you "good" ranges from "merely technically competent" to "perfectly fulfilling", so there is a lot of quality variation in that final sixth.

So that in mind, what score to give this on the manga scale? As it wasn't bad, it was better than half the endings so it is at minimum a 5. And it wasn't good, so it cannot rank in the top sixth, which gives it a maximum of 8.66. That means the midpoint of a non-ending ending is about 6.833. So was there anything to differentiate this non-ending from other non-endings? Yes, instead of just leaving it as a question that will *never* be ended, the manga at least admits that this non-choice cannot be allowed to stand, and aims for a resolution...though the readers can only imagine what it might be. Though this is not satisfying, it is ever so slightly less unsatisfying, which allows us to round this ending's rating up to a flat 7.

So not a good ending, but not so not-good that I hate the entire manga restroactively.

Double-page supporter
What the actual fuck is this?? I've been on this lovely journey for a long time, but for it to have ended much sooner than I had anticipated, and the fact that the ending is very obscure with no indication of who he chooses and their futures that the MC emphasised on. The ending felt way to abrupt. I really enjoyed this, but I'm happy with how, nor how soon it had ended.

I'm gonna wait for the epic college-era sequel or whatever
this particular ending would only really disappoint me if this ended the story forever. don't let happen to this manga what happened to everything Onio was making

Fed-Kun's army
I don't really give a shit either way about this ending. It was never a romance heavy manga to begin with and honestly the romance was one of the weakest parts of it since it severely weighed down Tomika's character with the same joke every chapter she was in. I have no emotional investment in the romance to begin with to be let down by this total non-conclusion and thus it stands as just a 4/10 ending.

Users who are viewing this thread