Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle

Dex-chan lover
Judging by the chapter's title, we can all guess what "Mama" is NOT going to say.

Or maybe that's what the author wants us to think...?

Dex-chan lover
I took me a while to find out about this continuation. I never heard that Kishiro-sensei was going to continue the manga under a different title, and life has lately been hammering me so hard that I never had time to look (or even time to think about looking)!

Nice manga to be honest. I just got through reading Last Order so it's nice to see that it's a trilogy.

I put this one on-hold after getting bored with it, and now I'm glad I did that. The wait for new chapters would have killed me with how interesting the story got in following volumes. I'm glad Kishiro still got it.

Dex-chan lover
Saw the Battle Angel movie and think it won't make it to number 2. A shame considering how good it becomes after motorball.

Fed-Kun's army
Still as great of a manga as ever but I miss the times when alita was actually the mc doing mc things.

Contributor
@plastic_sludge

The thing is that the author sort of wrote himself into a corner. Alita has gone through her major character arcs, both physically (gaining godlike powers due to being the Last Order) and mentally (recalling both her memories and her true nature, ignoring both of them to become her own person).

There basically isn’t anywhere else her character can go.

Fed-Kun's army
@xyzzy

Aye, fair enough.

But I've always felt like after any character finishes their arc, there is always room to give them a new arc as a tangent from the original theme.

For example a story about finding oneself can turn into a story about trust, family or leadership. Or anything else really.

Most mangakas seem to avoid jumping themes like that, but they have to worry about ppl getting pissed off at major changes (nisekoi, am I right? haha). But this guy is jumping entire genres every once in a while...

Dex-chan lover
I think Alita can still move forwards, they restricted her access to the wormhole reactor and supercomputer to depower her.

She’s had a taste of that power, now she can either pursue it for herself, develop her own strengths, or learn some kind of wisdom instead.

Users who are viewing this thread