Battle in 5 Seconds After Meeting - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Real Ability

Man, he totally should have said he can copy skills with his telepathy. Then he'd have 5x and cannon. But I guess that would have been too strong.

Double-page supporter
I guess that since the telepathy didn't stop working, she doesn't believe his ability is the one he has.

Dex-chan lover
@es_kan This all really hinges on what the threshold for "belief" is

I still think he should have said he was a reality bender

I really thought he was gonna tell her he has multiple abilities, but I guess he wants to be 100% truthful with her.

Thanks for the chapter.

He fucked everything up revealing everything, how do you artificially believe he has a power different than the one he really has? However idiotic it is the author is going to have it sway in his favor.

Fed-Kun's army
Moron! Don't tell her that! You could be close enough to truthful just telling her that you can use any ability at any time forever once you've convinced someone you can use it.

Dex-chan lover
Smart move there

Having 1 person that actually believe the fact of what is his true power is, that will give him a chance to test something

Which is "I don't need my target to believe what my power is as long as there is someone nearby me that believes what my power is" hence telling a "friend" the truth behind his power here will help MC figure out more of his ability while unlocking even more powerful combination

Contributor
@west23 Why stop there? Might as well give him the steal ability and just remove and threat at all. Actually we can go further, give him the ability to cut, copy, and paste abilities so he can make allies stronger as well. But again, that would also be too OP.

Dex-chan lover
he is telling the truth about his ability well just a half of it

but this mean MC really put trust in her or see her as really worthy asset

Dex-chan lover
I thought he already figured out how to determine who "the other person" is. It was my impression last chapter that he has some control over it even, considering he just looked at her and popped out the cannon right in front of the disbelieving leader, but I didn't look too far into this one.

It's kinda strange that he obviously considered the possibility of room bugs, but appears to literally say "telepathy" twice in the room. I assume that's a translation thing where they included the implications of what was actually said in Japanese.

Fed-Kun's army
I agree with @AbuHajaar

Saying he could manipulate reality and that is how he created a cannon as well as the ability to speak to her via telepathy would of spurred her to believe something nonsensical, which would of instantly became a real ability and made her believe he was invincible.

Of course, we'd have no story at that point if it happened... So this is enough for now, all he has to do is put to use his imagination and spark ideas in her head.

Me

Dex-chan lover
More important than all this discussion about abilities and how they work and what the right chess moves are... WE GET A TINY BIT OF MION SCREENTIME!

Dex-chan lover
And here I expected him to say that he was planting illusions in everyone's minds with telepathy.

Dex-chan lover
now, time to test the power limitation..

can it create something that will do specific purpose such as "connected to outside world", "give her telepathy or phone that able to function and connected with her family", "a device that will destroyed all organization device", "ability to remove/change memory of all organization's stuff", etc. large scale power

I think saying something like copying someone's ability without limitation(and even putting more to it like making it stronger) to be more reliable. He should be able to make her believe in this ability, as he has shown her 2 abilities. Although it might bring some complications later, as I don't know the limits and rules of his ability. It might backfire, but oh well, I have more things to do, byee~

I can already see this as shounen-type power of love thing.
FMC: Believe in him, believe he has the power, and he will have it!

Edit:
FMC: (inner thoughts: He has a big dck, he has big dck)
MC: wohhaa what's happenign!?

Users who are viewing this thread