Batuque - Vol. 18 Ch. 157 - Real Freedom

Dex-chan lover
What an ending. As always thank you scanlators translators proofreaders and cleaners all

I'm sorry but that ending fucking blow. So many things left unanswered is the dad actually dead ? He doesn't get to reunite with her at all he just gets killed off in the most anticlimactic way ? No actual scene of Ichiri meeting with her mom properly ? Jyungo who was implied to have gone down a darker path nothing came out of it and there's more. It's just unsatisfying all around giving the build up we had like is that scene at the end even real or just some imaginary thing. Feels like sequel bait for a part 2 that may never come out

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I'm sorry but that ending fucking blow. So many things left answered is the dad actually dead ? He doesn't get to reunite with her at all he just gets killed off in the most anticlimactic way ? No actual scene of Ichiri meeting with her mom properly ? Jyungo who was implied to have gone down a darker path nothing came out of it and there's more. It's just unsatisfying all around giving the build up we had like is that scene at the end even real or just some imaginary thing. Feels like sequel bait for a part 2 that may never come out

Jyungo is heavily implied to be involved with Malandragem Kartell. Half of page 7 is dedicated to that TV segment about Bandeira and Lanca Mortal getting absorbed into Malandragem Kartell, and it seems clear that we're meant to read into that as a hint to what Jyungo is up to while we're being obviously misled by the author about who is waiting in the cathedral. He hasn't given up capoeira at least.

Supporter
Great story, ok ending. Wonder what this author’s next work will be about? I’d like to see a story like Fool Night, though maybe it wouldn’t work in this kind of style.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't feel the ending was rushed, since it has started ending like 10 chapters ago. Good ending.

Dex-chan lover
I like it, but WHY did Jyungo suddenly go to Brazil?
haha oh well
thank you team duwang for scanlating this great manga!

Dex-chan lover
It was a pretty good series to read, but man. It started off strong but ended pretty weak. His older series, Usogui, was far better overall.

Still don't regret reading this but I can't help but feel a sense of sadness in terms of wasted potential.

Dex-chan lover
IT'S FINALLY TIME!

To read this from start to finish.

Ain't got no words to describe how happy I am to see one of the old series fully translated. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread