Beast with Flowers - Ch. 44

kkkk i love it but sometimes im just like what if someone gets transmigrated as the extras right at the moment they get punished buutttt yessss

Double-page supporter
@PaperSun I'm curious as to why that is, if you'd like to go into more detail. I've always guessed that people like these characters and the belief in the mean to others except one person but have often heard that it's certainly not that way in reality. The whole, if they treat other people like this, there is a great chance they'd treat you like that too, especially if there's a breakup. Part of the "Watch how they treat the waitstaff at a restaurant." sort of thing. A lot of people certainly go in hard on fictional characters though, where I assume it's safe to do so, due to as you said the healthy separation between the two. I think some people also like people who can safely step into a similar role for some excitement in life but can stop.

Dex-chan lover
I guess that's the first time showed us that the beast "actually" killed someone.

Welllll he did say he was "deserving of death" soooo....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol thanks for another chapter!!♡

Now that's a "Monster" to enemies and "puppy" to loved one! Not like those other shizzle that I have read that they will spare the lives yet still called as monster

@sungyoon93 EXACTLY LMAO and since they will be family the emperor will probably be like "you need to treat me better now!!! your daughter wouldn't like to hear that!!!"

@sungyoon93 EXACTLY LMAO and since they will be family the emperor will probably be like "you need to treat me better now!!! your daughter wouldn't like to hear that!!!"

@jhadred Yeah I'd say you nailed it. It's fun seeing this grouchy, mean person that was so terrible grow a heart, but only for that one person because they are just that special. It's romantic in the sense that it makes them different from everyone else, and can impart a sort of excitement since this hardened man is clearly very limited in their ability to love, whatever they have gets poured onto that one exceptional someone. And I enjoy them not softening basically because it maintains this dynamic.

However as you said this behavior is absolutely toxic in real life because you absolutely are NOT that special. No one is. They might play at it for a bit, but eventually it'll come out, because in the end it's a kindness only extended because they want something from you. And when they decide they're bored, or lose their temper, or you leave well, then playing nice no longer gets them what they want. But fictional characters? They're static, unless the author throws a wrench in, they will always be madly infatuated with their love so you don't even have to consider this, or ever confront it. You shut the book knowing they will always have their crazy little happy ever after.

But yeah it speaks badly of someones moral character if they're an asshole all the time, even if they're kind to you in reality. Which is why I squeal about my comics, but in real life, I only want guys that are sweethearts all around. I leave my damaged bad boys for the books where they belong!

Did he really have to kill him? And will she ever know/be okay with it?

At points like these I jerk my head out of these addictive mangas/manhwas, and stop wishing my life were indeed like these

Double-page supporter
@PaperSun Thanks for the reply. I've been rather conflicted on reading this and wasn't sure how/why people viewed it in that certain way. (Still terrified of people who say they want people like this in their real life though). Like you said, people can hide it but at some point the mask comes off and there's often abuse and controlling behaviors. I'm sure people would say I'm reading too much into a work of fiction, but it is a frequent desire or we wouldn't see these types of characters so often.

I wasn't sure if it was the same as with the some of the female characters I like in many other works. Terrible communication with such characters and I'd worry about it in real life.

Thanks for the chapter!!
While I'm not sure the guard deserved death, I do appreciate a protective man that will do whatever he has to to protect his family and loved ones.

Double-page supporter
Well, at first I was on the fence. He's the one who saved her life by fishing her out of the water, but he also lied about who pushed her into it. At first I was thinking the rescue is worth some mercy but then I realized he had already had the story of it being an accident right after he pulled her out and was still soaking wet. That means he received the bribe ahead of time that means he also passively watched her get pushed in too. She could have easily have drowned and he only intended to get her body out or go through the motions of rescue to make himself look good. In other words he was an accomplice from the start, not just a guy given hush money after the fact there is a big difference in guilt there.

I also think getting pushed into water shouldn't be more than a prank, not an assassination attempt. However I realized I was looking at it from a modern perspective, and a privileged one at that. I'm from a middle class suburban community, and a coastal one at that, kids play in the ocean every summer, almost all kids received swim lessons before they can even walk. I just take for granted that any 10 year old can swim at least X meters, float and tread water. Being pushed into water over your head with heavy historical clothing on in a society that there's no way they teach swim lessons to little girls, well you are going to drown. I mean I realized now that I only have the instinct to kick off my shoes when falling into deep water because it was drilled into my head when I went on boats in the ocean as a teenager, can't not imagine how much your clothes would drag you down if I was wearing layers of court dress.

Users who are viewing this thread