Beast with Flowers

Oooowww darling she's so cuuuuute, damn I don't think I can wait that much every time ugh ma heart !!

Cuuuuuute! Somehow so clueless but not irritating (like a super white lotus). I liked how we got his POV in this chapter!

@Cloverfr I don't know he is the crown prince from ancient times. He will have more than one spouse. That is already cheating BECAUSE she is not from that time. At least he allows her to have one. Remember that having concubines and replacing a queen for a concubine was normal cuz they used the women to form alliances and gain power or help from other nations.

Keep in mind that she’s no longer in her own time. The world she’s living in certainly isn’t changing to accommodate her. Unless she’s a stupid, she too should realize this fact and adapt accordingly. When life gives you lemons you make lemonades. When in Rome do as the romans do. Adapt for survival.

But we all know how this will end. Male lead will adore her so much that she’ll be the only woman of his harem and she can do things against the norm. 💁🏻‍♀️ Because... Female lead halo.

@Darkwolfix I'm sorry, I think I am lost, I don't understand you tried to say or how it relates to my comment, If you could explain it, I would be grateful.
This seems the kind of plot that would not use a harem, at least is my impression, unless you have a source like the novel?

I do agree that plots set on this time period have the harem setting.
Some create a successful love history like "No Doubt in Us" about the empress and the emperor, he has a harem and even bed his concubines during his marriage, yet the way they fall in love with each other seems genuine, it does not feel like cheating at all since they fall in love years after getting married without love.
At the end he and the empress end up together for good, I think he conserves his harem, but he no longer will bed any on them, and no longer has a positive view of the women who once he chose after knowing their wick nature

Other don't, like "The Queen is Busy" where the king even before being one promise to his future queen that she will be his one and only women, to later bed every concubine he has on his harem once he gains power, and after this treason against her, as a viewer we have to accept that this man deserves her love back? Nah

Others are plotted in a harem setting but don't have romance, they develop the power dynamic of that world and are damn good at it like "The Queen".

Of course, even in harem settings there is the "one true love" end, in which the emperor or empress, for good or for bad, will be in a monogamous relationship with their love, whatever is a well build romance or a toxic or healthy relationship, because nowadays people have monogamous relations, or at least pretend they are in those relationships, polygamy is still a taboo in most societies, so not many works will address those sorts of topic, even in harem settings, It would interest if done well tho, I'm quite open-minded.

May I add, I'm not WOW SUPER KNOWLEDGEABLE on the subject, but I don't think even emperors had the power to replaced their empress with a simple concubine because they felt like it, the empress is one, because of her political importance, she has powerful families backing up her position, the emperor marries her with the intention to bring/use that power to his side, precisely because women were a form to form alliances replacing them or kicking their out of the harem for no good reason will be an attack to that alliance, which will be a blow to the emperor position.

@Cloverfr the difference with the current time and old-time is that, now, if the couple agrees to have more than just one partner, each partner, they can have more than one partner. The problem back then is the king/emperor would get more than just one woman because of politics [ excluding the illicit women they adventure to socialize]. they needed to form an alliance with other nations or were forced to/advised. I don't care what people do with their business or whether or not they are open-minded. If you pay attention to most stories it is always the king/emperor loving the woman of his life and then years later or a decade later, they fall in love again? I don't really think that's possible. Then you lusted for the first one AND cared. Yes, most of the time many human beings confuse care for love and simple love for romantic love.

A very visible love that many fail to notice is the love for the opposite sex. I hate how in manhwas/mangas exploit that. example: "A girl has her BFF but the moment the girl meets a guy and do the same thing she would do with the BFF but with the guy, they think it is love. It is the same with the guys. He has a BFF, the moment a girl comes to the picture and do the same thing he would do with his BFF, he thinks he fell in love."

That is care. The same mistake happens with kings/emperors. What is the very first thing the king's/emperor's friend says? "marry her" or "send a command to make her your partner." Yes, back then being in a royal/imperial family was mostly to gain power and/or wealth. The problem I have with that is that manhwas/mangas "romanticize" with the idea and many readers believe it, especially young readers [let's be honest many young girls read these stories since it was made to them. I read many readers who are in the mid-20s or older than said that they read these types of stories and thought that was how love was supposed to be. Now they prefer to read josei, which is actually the genre designed for girls in their 20s and older]

I would suggest checking history books and historical journals. Most of the time kings were able to get rid of their queens by spreading rumors and/or then executing them. Only women with a powerful family were able to escape decapitation/imprison and move to their own country [marriage was a big thing since it was a contract not like nowadays for ....love.... and to make it more serious they got a religious marriage. You need the pope's permission to annul your marriage even nowadays you need it], even worse if they were gorgeous. Most kings couldn't accept their beautiful ex lover becoming the lover of someone else even if they got someone else in mind already. I know there are cases where queens got their own lovers as well but those people were very upfront with the reason for marriage and respect their business partners' life. Unfortunately, that is not what you see happening in mangas/manhwas now do you? You always see the king/emperor killing the queen/empress and making her life hell.

Things were worse with emperors and empresses. The emperor got more power to "find" evidence and just vanished the empress to an isolated palace or just made her disappeared. Remember that although the women came from a powerful family, they were not "needed" nor "wanted" as much as men because the only ones who could inherit the properties and wealth of the family were the son. Yes, the daughter would have her dowry but that was managed by her husband only because women were supposed to be good in organizing the house [not even in bed]. There were exceptions but that is a minority. We can't include nor consider those cases in comparison to what generally happened. What is hilarious happening in mangs and mostly in manhwas, you can see a, now, princess after marrying a prince or queen/empress having a very supportive family but still remains with her abuser lol and change him into a better person. Let's be honest in reality that doesn't happen. Those who changed are just a few and that happened only in their second or third relationships. There needs to be a lot of trials for people to learn.

Only clever women were able to dominate more but always pretended to be a good wife. That sucks because this is what our society made women back [yes men got their bad things too and got to tolerate things for the sake of "what society taught us to do" as a man] do and some of them, because became bitter, did bad things and men got an excuse to punish other women because "if those women did what prevent the others to do as well". Of course, we can see bitter women doing dumb things nowadays. The difference is that nowadays there's more freedom for women than back then. You have to see how society worked. Their rule, the principals, their laws.

@Darkwolfix "If you pay attention to most stories it is always the king/emperor loving the woman of his life and then years later or a decade later, they fall in love again? I don't really think that's possible. Then you lusted for the first one AND cared. Yes, most of the time many human beings confuse care for love and simple love for romantic love." What are you referring to this? I don't get it.

"A very visible love that many fail to notice is the love for the opposite sex......" This is often because they are heterosexual, the actions of the opposite sex are interpreted different when a friend does it, I personally enjoy more when they fall in love with the actions and not the gender like in "To be or not to be" or "Otome game no hametsu"

"The problem I have with that is that manhwas/mangas "romanticize" with the idea and many readers believe it" That is not a recent phenomenon, lots of literature works played a lot with romanticizing certain themes, like force marriage or forbidden love, etc, I am also aware that was the same with ancient times in asia, there are tons of folklore histories about romance with natural phenomenon the stars and the moon, the sea and the island, the flowers, etc, most of the time it ended in tragedy, but romantization was a huge part of the histories, the same happens with modern manhwas, I think people just like romance.
If I undertood you are against that idea of romance? girls buying that? Sorry, I'm really confused while reading that, it might be because I'm not english speaker tho.

Unless you give me a source like the novel saying he will have a harem and that he will bed that harem while having MC to his side, I will find hard to believe that, even if this kind of setting is on a harem time, he will not necessarily have one, since that is not the idea this manhwa is selling so far, because this is a romantization of that time, where he will be committed to just one woman.

I appreciate the suggestion but my interest in ancient asia is as far as watching documentary of how harems work or video essays of that time because I consume historical manhwas.
As you said, they had to attack their reputation before making a move, to have a reason, that's why they could not always do whatever they wanted, some concubinas will have lots of wealth and they would not always be able to cut them of in fear to lose economic support of those families, there were families that would lose economic power, political power or military so their representative concubines will lose their support and so the emperor could discard them pretty easily if he wanted to, it is a pretty complicated issue, which I don't know why we are talking about it haha, I enjoy it tho!

"that is not what you see happening in mangas/manhwas now do you? " I have seen a lot of everything to be fair, even matriarchal societies where the empress is the one that holds the power. The emperor making hell out of the empress life I have seeing it A LOT in revenge manhwas where she goes back in time and takes revenge on them, not really in normal setting of romance, and if that is the case the empress is portrayed as the bad guy to make it right for the emperor to choose the good pure concubine over her to the readers eyes.

" What is hilarious happening in mangs and mostly in manhwas, you can see a, now, princess after marrying a prince or queen/empress having a very supportive family but still remains with her abuser lol and change him into a better person. Let's be honest in reality that doesn't happen. Those who changed are just a few and that happened only in their second or third relationships. There needs to be a lot of trials for people to learn."
I have read one like "lady to queen" or "The abandoned empress" with that descriptions, but I don't think is very dominant in the gender, an abusive man is not that well received by the public, most men are "cold" "distant" "closed their hearts" "don't trust" "don't believe in love" "have traumas" "villain but not specially mean to women" "clueless to love" those are the kind of ML that are the most popular among the gender, girls want to see the guys changing, but not really someone who is actively abusive against women or someone who has abusive to FL, "lady to queen" "The abandoned empress" "Beatriz" "The queen is busy" are examples of that, the public does complain a lot about them and while it is a thing that exist, is not the most universally well receive, predominant or even representative of the gender.

Never was the warning more accurate in the description....

anyway, don't take this one so seriously! xD It's more fantasy and fun, and it's hilarious to know the whole story and see the characters stumble about...

I don't know how to feel about the FL and ML...I don't hate or like them, it's just meh?
I'm currently just enjoying the overly doting father/brothers and emperor.

Double-page supporter
I'm not really feeling this. It's interesting to pass the time when there's absolutely nothing else to do but... well the ML is just a crazy murderer and idk I guess I'm not the kind of girl who fantasizes about falling for a killer with abs.

The proper response to having feelings you don’t understand (it’s a crush beauty boy), is not murder and I don’t know who’s going to tell him this but it needs to happen soon or else I fear for mc’s life. He still acts like a puppy around her at this point, she needs to house train him quick or all Hope is lost.

I have a thing for good-looking, towering and rough looking manly man so I can totally understand the FL. Although it's not good to be like her irl

Looking at the raws (that I can't ready but still) and the only thing I've gathered is that our boy has got it BAD for the FL

Users who are viewing this thread