BEASTARS - Vol. 17 Ch. 149 - The Second Coming of the White Fox

Group Leader
Jesus that opening bit gave me quite a heart attack.

Never again.

Spider-Wolf, it's Spider-Wolf~~

seriously though, tomato juice? That... yeah. It was sort of fun reading it, knowing for sure Haru was alive. No way that bunny got killed off off-screen.

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion and special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs.

https://discord.gg/Xv7sMEP

Time for my usual Chapter review

Reminder that Legoshi called himself as Haruo, a 27 year old White fox in ch 74-76

While Legoshi can easily confirm if he ate Haru or not [lifting covers, smelling], the shock usually makes people forget reason. Haru not there, he had the coffee, and always had concern he could eat her.

I had a feeling Legoshi would have committed suicide if he ate Haru. Cause in doing so would have invalidated his entire life. Sure there is Jack & Gosha, but he didn’t really have a purpose/conviction before Haru. His desire for plain and simple life only works if there someone to live it for.

Damn dense Haru doesn’t realize how confusing that is. Could have left the dirty stuff more out in the open. She forgot Legoshi’s biggest concern is eating her.

Ch 98 had Haru family asking about Haru’s Boyfriend, asking if he was white like she. Now Legoshi is white like her.

Screw reality, Let defy it against all odds. I love this saying here, as it is the same as why i love the Meteor festival. Defying all odds to do what he loves the most. His conviction is set now.

AND LEGOSHI KISSED. I wonder how long till mouth to mouth kiss. Or If Legoshi got into the moment that he would have done full hug?

Poor single middle age Sebun. All the romance talk, and she is single.
With the recent events, Legoshi want to get married NOW. He can’t wait anymore, so the first step is Yafya’s deal. So he became Spiderwolf and flew to Melon [whom he knew is at Shishigumi]. Screw the plan with the weakness.

Next chapter thoughts: Unlike any of Legoshi other encounter, this is the one time Legoshi has the jump on someone. Melon has no reason to expect Legoshi is alive, not to mention Agata is surprised, and Legoshi is outside the window, so smell shouldn’t come in. Legoshi didn’t get the jump on Riz either. Technically Legoshi did get the Jump on Shishigumi Dead Boss, but that wasn’t an overwhelming advantage considering Legoshi was a newbie then.

Prediction for 150: I’m expecting it start with Melon perspective, of how ended with his day with haru, then the Jump attack with Legoshi in page 8.

I’m kinda worried about 150 though, since I don’t don’t think Paru has done back to back Hype pages.

Note: Paru twitter shows in-progress color page, which Legoshi is two tone. So I wonder how legoshi regain his fur color again.

Also, Legoshi came back white Like Gandalf the white.

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh, ironically, now that he's completely white, I wanna see him in color.

Dex-chan lover
I've primed myself since the chapter started that he didn't "eat" Haru, just a fake-out to almost kill ourselves, but at the end of the day this manga proves to be cruel and wholesome at times even from one page to another. Paru is a goddamn genius at story-telling!

That aside OH SHIT! LEGOSI THRU THE WINDOW!

Aggregator gang
Goddamn it Legosi...so I he now permanently white? AND WHY THE FUCK IS HE SPIDERWOLF NOW?!?

Contributor
Even though most of us know that it's gonna be a fake out... You gotta admit how really well done it was. The whole time it was dramatic and suspenseful.

Group Leader
Damn it Legosi, the first time your girlfriend offers you breakfast, and you run out the door in an unexplained rush without eating...

Haru: Here are your choices. I want strawberry. I take away your choices!
Phht fucking Haru.

What a great chapter with some more growth from Legosi. Good ol Woof Boi. Also why Agata always gotta be picked on?? Leave him alone D:

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else wonder why Legosi didn't recognize the hybrid's scent on the bunny? Wolves have a near perfect memory for scents, and he should have recognized it immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread