BEASTARS - Vol. 17 Ch. 149 - The Second Coming of the White Fox

cliffhanger and how thet legosi got their i hope we can get some sort of flashback next chapter on what happen

Double-page supporter
How many emotions can you feel in just one chapter? well we went to incredulity to joy to despair for the next chapter, with many inbetween. Just prooving what a great manga this is.

One on hand,the fake out did provide us with a look in Legosi's mind if such a thing were to occur. Also it really solidifed for him what he wants in life rather than make him shy away from it. Waking up when he should have eaten her only to find out she was alive made him realize its possible for them to carry on. I really just appreciate it because I'm used to seeing broody male characters go "I didn't hurt her now but it could happen in the future,we must keep our distance if we want to be happy" as opposed to Legosi going "Wow she's right here in front of me eating yogurt,not dead. I'm glad things are turning out okay and miracles can continue to happen, I'll work hard to make us both happy."

Double-page supporter
Excuse me what the fuck? His nose fooled him and his hair turned white but he didn't kill Haru? That's either a really cheap fakeout to get attention or her bosses made her write Haru back to life. Either way, I'll never be able to take anything she writes seriously again.

Aggregator gang
@Riger I'm saying that his increased sensitivity just made him more easily distracted by Haru herself, as versus trying to actually trying to figure out what/who the male was.

Dex-chan lover
@Killjoynik I'm surprised you've gotten this far and this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Like 75% of the plot points in Beastars have been like this.
I extremely doubt she was ever intended to be actually dead.

Double-page supporter
@Fari The first 50 chapters showed promise in my opinion. It was during the showdown with Grizz that the writing took a turn for the worse. First Legosi eats Louse's leg and turns super Saiyan, only for Louse to immediately get a prosthetic leg, as good as new, then Legosi tears out his teeth only to immediately get dentures to subvert the consequences, then gets saved in the nick of time by that cringy seal in the most dissatisfying way. Now he wakes up to believe that he had killed Haru, a belief that rocks him to the very core of his being, as well as changing the color of his fur because it was THAT traumatic. How fast does he get over that trauma? Immediately. I'm probably being too hard on this manga, but after reading Inio Asano's works and a myriad of similarly well written works by other mangaka, it's hard not to be, as this is exactly the kind of storytelling that Asano shits on.

Double-page supporter
This is really cheap writing. Rile up and scare your audience for, tomato juice, really? Nose just stops working? You have to make up that one of legosi's main weapons (scent power), that was featured in the very last chapter, will just randomly shut off instead of actually writing the blood to have a reasonable source? And Haru just lets him sleep in a puddle of tomato juice she dumped on him?

If you want to have blood to make your audience worry for legosi and haru this is not the resolution you should have afterwards.
@Killjoynik really hits the nail on the head about this kind of fakeout.

We fell for the oldest trick in the book, hook-line and sinker. Maaan, fuck you Itagaki! That was a massive scare!

Users who are viewing this thread