BEASTARS - Vol. 19 Ch. 163 - Don't Look Down, Your Hair Will Get Into Your Eyes

What a disappointment...
Nothing happened this chapter. Worse, negative things happened. Dolph, who most certainly died of blood loss, is somehow still alive. The lions *say*c they're gonna kill Melon, and then unanimously decide not to in the same chapter. Melon's tragic backstory is immediately called into question, likely making last chapter just filler as well, and yet again Big Male Carnivore laments that he's expected to take up a dominant role in society. It's not the wolf, the bear, or the first lion, this time, though, it's the other lion.
Gotta stall for time until Legosi can show up and be a Big Damn Hero...

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry, but this 'criminal group' are absolute retards at this point. How did they rule anything when they're so scared?

I think Gohin saves him and keep Dolph alive, and probably the next chapter will explain that. A like this chapter. Paru is giving all what she have and those persons who are insulting her job they are just dumb, because you cant critique something taht you dont know anything about. If you are saying this and that, please i want to see if you can do it, if you can creat a whole world an express it in drawings. Please dont be that kind of people, there is nothing bad with expressing your opinion but there are ways. Not just "Ah, i dont like this chapter because its not like the older ones, and this, and that,and,and" Come on please just shut the fuck off please. Thats all thank

Dex-chan lover
A lion's mane does protect them from claw strikes and puncture wounds, but it doesn't replenish losing gallons of blood after it fails.
Gouhin had to have saved Dolph. Two weeks is probably enough time for him to rehabilitate.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, full-blown comedy by this point, glad that's settled.
I hope the next step is nakama power.

ever since Legosi had eaten Louis' leg, I've realized Beastars felt like and resembled Tokyo Ghoul a lot. More and more, I've made connections between the two works' plot points and main themes. This chapter shows two resemblances: characters coming back from the dead for no fking reason other than making the manga look bad, and everything looking too stupid near the end

Jesus Christ this Melon dude has overstayed his welcome, can they kill him and move the fuck on already?

Kind of agree with the tired of Melon sentiment, he got the same depth of character like the average potato, villains like him are better in the shadows but we're overexposed to him.

We already got to know everything that is Melon relevant ages ago, he's a hybrid psychopath, we don't need that image reinforced when it's already cut in stone.

If his character had more depth or layers that needed exploring then all this time spend on him makes sense, but nope just more I'm a hybrid and a psycho stuff.

Villains like him are better when reacted to then when focused on, legosi's motivation to stop melon is a good use of him as a antagonist, or the meet market sacrifice was good since it shows people are scared and make it easier for legosi and friends to find allies.

Any reason why melon does what he does are pointless to explain if there are no sympathisers for that cause, nobody will think more of melon after he murdered his mother and I doubt anyone is able to think less of him.

Basically to make a antagonist like Melon really work he needs to be scary competent while having his true abilities hidden, now he got so much light he's not scary for the audience any more since we know his capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread