BEASTARS - Vol. 19 Ch. 168 - The Final Answer For Both

Dex-chan lover
They can't communicate so it's okay to eat them...... ..... how did that quote go again.... We weep for the cry of a bird, but not the blood of a fish. Blessed are those with a voice.

Dex-chan lover
Is it "fast clean up" or "fart clean up"?
Thank for the chapter

I actually like how silly it's been lately, but I'd really love to get some more drama again real soon. Hopefully we get some brutality (complete with chimera shenanigans) with the Christmas Day conflict, and then some cooldown time to do relationship-focused stuff again.

I really hope Paru's estimate was wildly off and with the Netflix show finally launched worldwide, she'll have more stories to tell long after Melon is gone as an antagonist.

Same here, man. The past few chapters aren't bad but she's putting too much stuff in all at once. I just hope she has a focused idea and has more relationship focused and down to Earth stuff

Dex-chan lover
@pokefairy Jeez. Another degenerate fujo. I lost all of my patience to even try to be polite to fujoshi. Obnoxious and annoying as hell. Always hating the heroines. I don't understand why you guys keep commenting those things on non-yaoi manga. Want to talk about those gay ships? Go to an actual Yaoi and let us in peace. Keep shipping those pointless ships because in the end, only the author has the right to decide which is canon.

Haru has her own faults but the last chapter actually helped me understand her inferior complex a lot and appreciate her as a character. As a woman, I can understand her actions and her way of life. Legoshi likes Haru and Haru makes him happy then I support them.

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 I'm not fujo, and I don't "always hate the heroines." I just don't like Haru. If Kyuu was the fmc I'd be 100000% in support of that but go off I guess.

Oof, Paru spent so long setting up for the Melon fight, that she had to remind us why they were fighting in the first place. I think the fight will go out the same way the quiz went, Melon's textbook knowledge of animal society(and it's flaws, on paper) versus Legosi's well-lived(for a 17 year old) life experiences, and what he gained from them. This also practically solidifies my theory that their fight will end in a draw. Both sides will acknowledge the problems of society, and work together to improve it, with Legosi being a shining hope as a Beastar, and Melon helping those that were ignored by socirty as the Shishigumi boss.

On the note of Legosi-shipping, I think what most 'fujos' have with female characters don't contribute much to the fights. I mean, Louis gets his leg eaten, Pina risked his life to ensure that Legosi could stay alive till New Years, and Yafya is a fuckin badass. Haru is suprisingly not very different from other Shonen girls though. She for the most part doesn't take much of an active role in the manga. She's either arguing with someone, or observing animal society(Which is a very, very important part of the story. I predict more Haru-monolouge segments after the Melon vs Legosi fight). Of course, this is the equivalent of saying that Goku and Piccolo should have fucked after the Namek saga, yeah they had great moments, but that's not the point of their chemistry goddamit.

As for Haru being kinda insufferable and a dick, yeah. Everyone's kind of a dick. Louis is a snooty, emotional deer. Bill is a loudmouthed dickhead. Though, Haru's flaws are definitely more extreme compared to the other women in the series, but that's... quite interesting, no? Having a 'better, not as dickish' girl for Legosi would be 'nicer' for him yeah, but come on, it wouldn't be interesting. While it might be possible that yelling 'STOP BEING A FUCKING IDIOT LEGOSI/HARU' would get boring, I think their relationship to story of opening wounds, new and old, and learning to heal from them, is what makes their relationship so cathartic in my eyes.

I will root for Bill to get his own spin off alongside the rest of the cast at Cherrytown Highschool

Too convenient. I mean, how could Legoshi have won against a Doctor in History? I feel like Paru is downplaying Melon to Legoshi's favor.

Double-page supporter
@Paulotronator I think it's less of "Melon doesn't know this", and more of "Melon isn't comfortable with these topics because they pertain carnivores and carnivore+herbivore coexistence" (besides the tail one)

Users who are viewing this thread