BEASTARS - Vol. 20 Ch. 170 - The Endless Table Manners

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review

Cover page: Are they Falling? Hands not holding on to anything,and Legoshi’s eye are closed

You can see the wrinkled snout in the anime for the fights.

The way tablecloth effect causes a mess is a call back to ch 34 where Legoshi admits how he does things violently and causes a mess compared to Louis. In that he lacks tact as a carnivore

Remember They were fighting a bit in the bushes, so that gives some time while Romeo walks away

How can the rope break steel polls? Wouldn’t that require strength on her end as well?

Legoshi calls Bill a villain because of the stage fight, as Legoshi's enemy there [even if they are now close friends]. Main idea is all of Legoshi’s enemies are Carnivores, so it doesn’t matter if the table cloth effect happen, as it fine to let loose to other Carnivores

So when Legoshi fights carnivores, no need to resist himself. But here, herbivores are weaker. So it becomes a fine line Self limit: can't do anything [151] No limit: end up breaking everything causing too much, potentially breaking Kyuu. Which is not a problem for carnivores.

So now the question is to pull the tablecloth without causing the mess. To continue action without resisting or losing control. Middle grounds to say.

Legoshi pose doesn't make full sense. Legoshi's strength is his limbs. But limbs are not in front?

Kyuu is staying Legoshi is acting like a standard carnivore in battle mode. Aka not one who underestimates since underestimate have limbs in front.

The teeth lost allows him to fight Melon as it reminds him of his determination

What is wrong if his instincts go wild? If he can't do anything, there are no issues. Who says there will be problems if he goes wild? Aka plates falling down [causing chaos] when going wild

While this doesn't solve the underlying issues and purpose of the training , it opens up a new path, solves the training.

Legoshi won't worry about harming herbivores. Rather the ch 148/149 won't happen as he remembers the true impact of dentures. So he can go full strength via his own method.

Ch 151 won't happen again since Legoshi can go max power

I don't believe Kyuu is a spy.
1) double spy are a thing.
2) typical Paru Plot twist.
3) If it was Issue of money, there is Louis
4) To do so, is to betray Gouhin
5) starving Legoshi would actually work. Legoshi go full feral mode, and not limit himself.

Double-page supporter
Trying to remember what the 7/5 kanji tattoo on his shoulder was from and failing.

Noooo not Kyu!!!! I didn’t want her to be evil :(

(Although with all the plot twists in this manga who knows)

Dex-chan lover
All that tablecloth explanation highlights how much of an influence his dad has over her work, in Baki we get these detailed or anecdotal explanations to describe what a character does in the middle of a fight or how he surpasses that anecdote. And it's a fun resource once you see how it can be applied outside of the brutal fights of Baki.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, some Dorohedoro action is going down today in Beastars

Dex-chan lover
I don't think she's a spy either, two main reasons.

- Louis offered her money for the training which she refused;
- Gouhin, just him.

Ever since Dolph "came back from the dead" I've been thinking that Gouhin has been involved in this somehow, chapter 156 ended with him watching what happened that day, so it isn't absurd to think that he was the one that treated his wound, Kyuu was keeping contact with Gouhin since Legosi's training, I have a theory that they are working together to mess with Melon from the inside.

Dex-chan lover
Is melon wanting to self destruct? He's been doing a lot of weird stuff lately.

Supporter
@Duainfey It's the date he got the tattoo... no really. He was sitting in the tattoo shop trying to listen to the sloth having the delayed conversation with Melon and Legosi just picked something at random. Chapter 139-140

Double-page supporter
this dialogue and writing is fucking straight out of jojo as in it fucking sucks.

3/10

this dialogue and writing is fucking straight out of jojo SO ITS FUCKING THE BEST and you should respect it thot

Fed-Kun's army
@Infimus
another fact... the fact that even if she is a spy, this barely give melon any advantage. her starving legosi wasnt a spy move, because she said that she wants to see legosi starvation "Power" Effect.
i think melon had another reason making her a "spy", that even she doesnt know about.

Users who are viewing this thread