BEASTARS - Vol. 21 Ch. 187 - An Examination of the Phrase "Running Like a Rabbit"

I don’t get what the final page is trying to convey? Is that supposed to be melons dad?

Double-page supporter
bwuh??

his mom didn't eat his dad??

I mean I guess that makes sense since she wasn't in jail...??

Dex-chan lover
Therapist : Rabbit Legosi isn't real, it can't hurt you
Beastars Ch. 187:

Dex-chan lover
@CLJ5262 i think yahya want to say that melon is a gazelle but when he want to say it he sees a gazelle and afraid offending the real gazelle or maybe it is his dad ?

Okay, by far the earliest I've been on the next chapter. SPOILER: Was anyone else surprised to see that Legosi still had his tounge!?

Dex-chan lover
Melon doing a whole Jojo pose while strangling Legosi

Also... how do the glasses stay on the gazelle on the last page?

Dex-chan lover
Bunnygosi isn't real, it can't hurt you
Page 1:

That's probably Melon's dad guys. It's gonna make Melon's story a lot more tragic than his mom eating his dad.

Dex-chan lover
What I'm suspecting with this was that the last page implies that it's Melon's father, so that would mean that Melon's mom didn't actually eat her husband, and Melon's mom didn't actually want to eat Melon, and Melon was just suffering from paranoia.

Could be wrong, but hey, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Dex-chan lover
So Melon living life as I mixed breed, basically fell into the mindset that because he was mixed there was no way he was supposed to be normal under any circumstance.

Whether it had been from kids teasing him about his mixed blood or his mom constantly avoiding the topic with him to the point he was extremely paranoid and keep getting mixed messages about her intentions through her words and actions.

I'm under the impression that either Melon's mom got pregnant with him and left the dad before he knew; or maybe the dad was aware she was pregnant with Melon and abandoned them.

The former however seem more likely perhaps, due to his strange actions this chapter about asking Melon's appearance and features I believe, or maybe that's just background noise of the Press asking questions.

Melon after killing his mom, basically convinced himself at that point that his mother had eaten his father. Never entertaining the possibility his father could have been alive, and set in stone that mixed breeds between carnivores and herbivores are an unfortunate mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread