Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan - a running discussion/review thread with a rather longish title, but it seems I've found the character limit for these

Dex-chan lover
Episode 5: Dig Up the Dirt!! Presumably it's about Rupert Murdoch? ... But it's not - it covers chapters SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN 3, SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN 4, and SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN 21.

Finally, some of the early weirdness makes an appearance. As expected, causality has no place here, and the three chapters pretty much proceed to plan, with a couple minor adjustments/additions to pad out the time. THIS is more like what I was hoping for.

Nothing particularly new in terms of music or voice acting; the switch back and forth between cel-drawn and CGI deer in the first section is a bit disconcerting (more so than just using one or the other would have been). This seems like a bit of a throwaway episode in terms of envelope-pushing, unfortunately.

At any rate, we're now into the meat of the series. SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN and all that.

Contributor
Some changes have been made, but yes, the impossible was done: putting those chapters and making them look like they belong to a different year. Maybe they'll go further than the current scanlations?

Dex-chan lover
Some changes have been made, but yes, the impossible was done: putting those chapters and making them look like they belong to a different year. Maybe they'll go further than the current scanlations?
It wouldn't surprise me, at least in reference to the Chapter 27 on MD or 29 on the site @prussianbluehedgehog has put together that are available at the moment. It's also possible the producers take enough time to get back through some of the other chapters that the scanlations stay ahead through the end of the season. Regardless, I really want to see an episode just dealing with Chapters 13-14.

Contributor
In time I suppose. Well, if they're that close to the raws, they'll either go along with the author wishes or completely derail, for instance I remember 16-bit Sensation that they changed it from the beginning and then expanded it and gave a new ending. I hope the author gets involved with the production then (besides writing more manga), I don't want a repetition of the second season of K-On! with completely plain characters.

Users who are viewing this thread