BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 189 - The Rose Withered by Overnutrition!!

NEED TO RANT!
Reading comments make me realise how ignorant ppl are about suicide and the struggle of a deteriorating mental state. We have only seen one point of view, the happy point of view that is ignorant to the struggles of another.

EVERYONE HANDLES TRAUMATIC AND TRAGIC EXPERIENCES DIFFERENYLY! Some may be fine with one situation and another could struggle so much to the point of self harm. She COULDN'T even walk down the street, go to restaurants or kiss the man she loved. This is something she could have taken strongly and built up over the years till she had had enough and just wanted a normal family where she could kiss her husband even if it meant death or self harm.

All the women who have given birth to hybrids and those who are hybrids have had mental problems that stem from an oppressive judgemental society where they are rejected and have no place to belong. LOVE IS NOT PROFESSIONAL HELP, IT IS NOT A CURE ALL! This is why this manga is a representation of society at large, where ppl r rejected for being gay, for being an interracial couple, for being mixrace or being different in any way, especially in a conservative country like Japan. This leads to many suicides than ppl r not willing to accept and that ppl r refusing to acknowledge.

SOCIETY IS A CRUEL OPPRESSIVE PLACE THAT EVERYBODY STRUGGLES TO FUNCTION IN UNLESS THEY PERFECTLY FIT INTO ITS NORMS AND VALUES OF A MAJORITY!

Dex-chan lover
I personally think she just want to taste an innocent kiss from mouth to mouth without getting sprayed by disinfectant, at least once in her lifetime. She doesn't know the consequence as she was depicted as an airhead (mostly bounded by feelings rather than ratio).

Is it stupid? I guess so. But it's not unthinkable, given the situation (she never try it, hence not knowing the actual consequences).

But I must give an appreciation on how the author told the story... she's a natural born story teller

Sorry but that's so freaking dumb. If you really loved him you wouldn't want to die from a kiss you would want to spend the rest of your life with him and your daughter

Ain't nothing weird about a woman wanting a tidy, presentable environment. Even if there's no one to present it to... Classic nesting behavior. Ide go as far as to say that if lizard gramps had kept his stash of disinfectant tucked away in a cabinet this whole situation may have been averted. (((I mean not really tho there are some very particular idiosyncrasies afoot but-chu know what I'm saying)))

If Paru's intention was to depict Legoshi's grandmother being suicidal due to the stress from giving birth to a hybrid and all the consequences, she should have given more time. Trying to condense all of her character, stress and difficulties into this one chapter and never really having her express any of those concerns made her death looks waay too accidental or out of her being air-headed.

I really like some of the ideas in this chapter but all of it feels rushed. Louis dad dies in one chapter. Louis becomes the successor AND decides to reveal the Black Market to society in one chapter. Kyuu has like 2 pages every 5 chapters to give her some character. Melon has a lot of interesting backstory, but now his father is alive too?
I think if we had at least some more time to breathe maybe her death wouldn't feel so stupid.

@-_-Luna if that was the intention (which i think it was), it shouldn't be so rushed imo. There's definetly interesting things that Paru wants to tell with Toki and her death but the way it was shown just felt rushed. Plus the way she acted after the kiss made it seem that she did it more out of the naivety that's associated with the bloodline rather than out of suicidal tendencies

So she err... Killed herself and gave him ptsd for life instead about something he was already stressed about. F

@-_-Luna please stop with your non-sense.

Trans people are still killing themselves in cities like San Francisco and New York (which mind you, is the Gay capital of North America) and that has nothing to do with society in those cities, as much as you want to make mental gymnastics about it.

Aside from this manga becoming the piece of trash it is now, the rhetoric of "Society bad" needs to end. All societies have good and bad parts, and unless you are willing to accept that, you are not going to find a happy place for you. Asking for a perfect society is like asking for fire to be wet.

Also, funny that you mention "LOVE IS NOT PROFESSIONAL HELP, IT IS NOT A CURE ALL! ", when most gay people who have been rejected by their family, had mentioned to being hated and not loved at all due to their preference.

She'd been with him for a long time, I think she'd gotten tired of the caution, she didn't want to live in fear of his venom like he has always been. I don't think she wanted to die, but was just reckless. Maybe his over caution, made her think that it wouldn't happen. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread