BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 189 - The Rose Withered by Overnutrition!!

@Shareazu Surprisingly, there's no wizard shit surrounding komodo venom, either in Beastars or IRL. In the real world komodo dragons do have venom glands, and until recent discoveries were made it was assumed that komodo mouths were breeding grounds for all sorts of septic germs. Following on from that, certain bacteria have been known to produce acids, ammonia and corrosion (such as rust). As such, it's not a massive leap of logic to assume that Beastars komodo venom is actually bacteria-based and said bacteria has corrosive properties

Dex-chan lover
Not to be gross but I REALLY wonder what their sex life is like with him being so cautious and all

Can itagaki write a male character without making them do some of the gayest shit ever

Group Leader
I just noticed a very strong parallel of Toki and Gosha to Legosi and Haru. How Legosi is always being careful when talking and doing literally anything with Haru and she keeps pushing him forward and further. This could be some foreshadowing

I wonder if she actually died or if she was just disfigured by the poison. Either way, my gut feeling is that she didn't intend to actually die, but wanted to show him that she was prepared to face the consequences of Gosha not constantly focusing on his venom so that he could relax and appreciate the family they had together. Maybe underestimated the potency of his venom. The visual symbolism in this chapter is on-point, though

Supporter
if its jus one thing that irks me about the manga...is that komodo dragon venom isn't supposed to able to melt things. but oh well.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, if she actually died from that kiss, that's fucking messed up. Which I suppose is the theme of this manga so far, lots of messed up relationships.

Besides that though, I really like seeing more of Gosha's past, because it makes it even clearer that he's basically good incarnate, but even such a good person has their limits on what they'll tolerate.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck is this shitty ass backstory holy fuck. Why did she empty out the alcohol in the first place

This only makes me ask one question, was the venom just too strong for *her* because Gosha has a habit of using his venom as a weapon.

There are many things worth dying for in love, saying "Ha! Made you oblivious!" is not one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread