BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 189 - The Rose Withered by Overnutrition!!

@Newbii It frames the choices in a humanizing way by making it rational for characters to make that choice. Honestly with how much they are cherished by the survivors just baffles me. It would make more sense if they chose to be with their family in-spite of the hardships instead of succumbing to them.

Dex-chan lover
@Makatoshi it does? I have to thank my lack of reading comprehension then. I think the presentation so far makes it that it's irrational, though somewhat(?) understandable as an emotional reaction. I agree that they should've chosen to stay with their families instead of ditching them, but at this point I'm chalking it up to weird universe animal logic that I -a human - don't completely understand and never will... which is a big pass card that I'm not proud to use

@Newbii This one is more irrational for sure but Legosi's Mom literally locked herself in a room because she didn't want anyone to see her scales. And she ended her life when she felt confident enough that Legosi would be normal (i.e. not have scales). Because she couldn't deal with how she looked, instead of suffering through her insecurities to be there for her family. It's selfish and those chapters portray it as honorable which is something I draw a line with. Now with his Grandma, she's portrayed with only caring about love (although this is the first time we have seen her) even at the cost of her own life. I get why she feels that way but its also a form of selfishness, why wouldn't you talk things out with your partner to figure out a way? Wouldn't there be inter-species counselors at this point? (it has been like a 100 years since the last conflict) I could go on but I think that's enough for now.

Umm I don't think Paru necessarily glorifies those selfish actions. It's a bit like Riz. The story tries to bring up that sometimes, someone indeed can do fucked up things, and the reasons are not as simple. It's not as simple as "X is evil just because it's on his gene" kinda thing. Some people might be desperate enough to do things that "normal" people deem as illogical. When you are in a state of depression, simple logical things become a difficult task. And this theme has been around from the very beginning.

When Legosi meet Leano, he basically was still sad. He accepted why his mother do that, however he looked for some better way to avoid the same thing befall his future relationship. This led him to believe that the answer is by embracing the possibility of his kid be a hybrid, raising the kid with full love (to avoid the kid turn into Melon), and look for ways so hybrids can be accepted in society.

That being said, I also can understand how some people perceive the story as an act to glorify and accept such negative actions.

Time like these I remember the average manga reader isn't ready for these types of stories.

Gotta be honest i kinda expected that to be how she died since it was never mentioned before in the story, i guessed it was something sad involving Gosha Because if it was a natural death there would be no sense in hiding it. She (Author) would at least hint at it if it was a normal death. Hopefully Legosi doesn't kill himself because it seems to run in the family... :(

okay but this is the first time hearing that, or is true? people are shipping legosi with gosha? tf, tell me that was just a joke

But their kid was still a baby!
Why Toki choose to die and leave her baby growing up without mommy's care??! Did she only loves Gosha or what??
I'm sorry but I can't understand Toki's choice at all..

@rennov Agree with you 100%. She probably just slowly filled the empty shelves of disinfectant bottles with family photos just to make it seem like they were still full, and he probably liked seeing pictures of him and family getting put up, not realizing the disinfectant was slowly running low. If he kept up on his stock, I don't think she would have cared, (for the most part) and they both would be alive yet.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, how incredibly stupid and selfish of her! Congratulations, you just gave your husband ptsd and deprived a son of his mother. Was it worth it?

Dex-chan lover
WTFFFFF I WAS LIKE “AW SO CUTE” AND THEN??????

Lady. WHY would you do that??! That is, and I don’t say this lightly, psycho. Now your daughter is motherless and your husband will blame himself for the rest of his life for your death. Bruh T_T it’s not that I don’t understand she may have been frustrated and impulsive but wtf you could have tried inventing a venom kissing condom or something LOL. Communicate your feelings of rejection with your husband instead of committing suicide by kiss

Group Leader
Heads up for 190: We may have a delay. Most likely releasing Tuesday.
Got our translation done, now working on Redrawing / Signs.

You guys know we translate the sfx, so you can see the quality of it when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread