BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 191 - What If You Were Melon-kun From Class 2-C?

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review. Huge shoutout to Soundfox, 5pike, Wulfy, Jujstme our typesetter and cleaners/redrawers.

Cover page is similar to ch 153 with Melon instead of Jack. Legoshi does relate to Melon and does note they could have been friends if same age. The back in time shows the talk of their morals.

For pg 2, we changed the term to [the Eaters and the eaten] as it is an actual term. https://www.azquotes.com/quote/380916 we will update 175 this week. [though it would be better to use Prey and Predator for Griffin & Jonah’s song, but oh well]

Battle between Morals. Melon surface reality, and Legoshi hope and drive for the future. From Melon perspective is show in ch 151 and 168 with the gameshow quiz. Melon claims that he is the embodiment of the society [their views on hybrids, carnivores which is why he controls them easily], yet ch 168 quiz shows the truth. Melon got the shallow question, while Legoshi get the relationship questions correct.

While Legoshi did call back to Cherryton, it a better call back to 168 on when Jack talks to herbivore, or Legoshi in meat withdraw talking to Seven in ch 101. Legoshi does have his own experience to call this back up.

As noted in 188, Melon does have a death wish, as his death could over turn things. There no way shishigumi would not be able to overpower him, but they submitted. Likewish when he jump and such. This is also a call back to ch 150 pg 21 when legoshi said he won’t let Melon die, so melon is doing this to spite legoshi. Melon does consider his life as a story in ch 140

Note: ch 174 did show Melon had a gun before. Ch 124 when yahya shot Melon, Yahya mention he needed 1 shot cause he is a herbivore, and implies need more otherwise. It could also explain why Legoshi survived. But this is still stupid how need 2… Could have done something like poison.

While Legoshi did make resolve to kill in ch 187, and I ranted on that lack of resolve in 190, not letting Melon die is something else. Not letting people die shows Legoshi arrogance and being able to control people’s fate. At same time, it shows how hopeful Legoshi is, hope is needed. This is the pure Legoshi we love, who don’t want people to die at all. Afterall, he didn’t kill Chief Lion, or planned to kill Riz. All Legoshi was a beat down.

Note: The Legoshi/Melon and Gosha /Dad page was side by side in the magazine raws. It shows a nice contrast.

While the cutback to 189 is good, the fact the cliffhanger was forgotten was bad. What happen to the dripping venom or The spiked scales?

Luz Gosha distracting Legoshi leading to the fatal moment. Also Louis now knows who Legoshi grandpa is [INB4 Louis think it is the black Horse Yahya and not the Komodo Dragon Gosha]

I have no comments on the ending, as it uncertain who the person shot. Also know that shot =/= death, as we have Legoshi and Dolph. There are many bystandards, so they could do first aid [where Legoshi was shot and unattended…]

I rate this chapter as ⅖ due to pure silliness of gunshot. Execution could be better.

Dex-chan lover
This arc has been thoroughly weird but I'm going to cry if that bullet entered someone I actually like. Bc no doubt it means they'll die.

Dex-chan lover
OBJECTION!!

Edgeworth would never say "Phoenix" to refer to him. Edgeworth always uses "Wright", or "Mr. Wright" in formal places such as the court.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope the horse is the one that was just shot. Or Melon, but I doubt we're that lucky.

Fed-Kun's army
Goddammit Legosi, can you not act retarded in front of the homicidal maniac for 10 minutes?

Dex-chan lover
SUSPENSE. I've got bets on the komodo dragon getting shot

Also what a legendary final edit

Double-page supporter
Yahya dies here I think. Gotta open up the slot for the BEASTARS to step in.

Fed-Kun's army
Don't forget how shitty that "dad" is y'all. Real father of the year there. What raising.

Users who are viewing this thread