What you need to know about the recent MangaDex data breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Nnnnaaaaa!
It's an easter egg, you get a prize for figuring out what it is.
It's [a] counter of pages you viewed in last 10 (15?) minutes + timestamp. Working as intended since about 1 year ago.
Is this it?

tumblr_p1k3vwUCUT1uvnk2eo2_400.gifv

Thanks for your hard work, I'm super grateful of all the work the MD team has to put in to keep everyone safe!!

Fun fact, some email providers recycle accounts, for example hotmail or yahoo (gmail doesn't). That means in a few months someone could create an account with the same name of your deleted (possibly compromised) account.

>10k BTC

dont pay a penny to that f####. Fuck him/her.

Either way, good for me that my actual password is the same that I have been using on not important account either way, so whatever.

Sure but just about any decent site engineer knows not to store session codes on the DB.
Someone enlighten me. And just to be clear, 'session codes' is referring to the authentication cookie that identifies an account, correct?
User logs in -> create authentication token in database with account identifier -> save the token value to a cookie -> search database for token cookie value to get account identifier

Yep self-professed jumper from mangago here. By the by, their site is down again :’-0.

You all are amazing and I’d definitely be coming more through mangadex more: I just have so many reading lists over at the mangago end. Thanks for the hard work and the transparency!

I don't totally understand but we'll done and good work for fending off the hacker 👍🏼

Last year I tried to delete a hotmail account I had for a long time (that was pawned in a breach of a site).

I found that accounts are recycled so I'm keeping the account for peace of mind.Obviously it depends on what is associated with the accounts I think many people don't know about the recycling of accounts.

Just something to keep in mind.

I use trash mail for most sites.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oaccount-omyinfo/are-the-email-addresses-of-closed-accounts/f81f7304-2fa1-491b-ab13-5b6129f746ff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread