BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 196 - The Story of a Wolf and a Rabbit

Fed-Kun's army
thats it then huh?

Thats not how you make someone want to read your next series oof

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that kind just ended out of nowhere. I kinda wanted to see more of his school friends and especially more of the panda. kinda wanted some more chapters for their own stories but I guess thats it

I feel like Paru was disinterested in continuing after the school arc, like she didn't know which direction to go in after. Plus, I guess the general public wanted her to continue bc it became so popular during the school arc. I feel bad, but yeah the ending was crappy.

Welp, I just hope Paru comes up with a better series :)

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Paru’s next series will be set in the same universe as Beastars...

So we don't even see the MC get married at the end? Nor do we get to see their hybrid child that was teased?

Come on author even with an Axe you could have done more than this!

What is up with Shonen and their obsession with ending the story with the main couple getting together instead of showing the time that comes after? SOMETIMES we get a wedding scene squeezed into a few panels but even that's rare.

That's why I have a fondness for Boruto despite it's flaws. IT's an entire series that explores what most shonen skip over entirely. I just wish the filler in Boruto wasn't so boring and plentiful

I still think there didn't need to be a direct title drop here. It's pretty strongly implied that Louis and Legosi became something resembling Beastar(s), since society seems to recognize Louis as having changed society, and Louis recognizing Legosi changed society as well.

Still felt kinda like a not-ending, and Melon was an alright arc for the first part and just not interesting after the tattoo parlor. The part about his dad being a deadbeat was just, I dunno, would've been an alright explanation that nothing ended up happening with. Gosha never does something about it. Yafya never does something about it. They don't tell Melon. Melon never changes from being some weirdo who doesn't know what he's supposed to do/be. As the reader I understand what's happening, but for the characters its a bit of a shoulder shrug.

Contributor
@SpookiLurkr Looks like there will be short stories based on that world in January. Check near the end of the chapter for the announcement

ehe

lol this ending was more rushed than bleach's. at least wrap stuff up properly after having a nonsensical arc.

Dex-chan lover
giphy.gif

Like, holy shit. This was entirely too rushed. What a silly ending. I blame shitty editors more than anything...

Bluhhhh. Not satisfied.

Poor Juno. :(

Dex-chan lover
Well this is the ending for Beastars. I have a lot of thoughts on the final part, the loose ends, and this chapter itself, but overall, at least the ending wasn't truly bad. There was closure for most of the cast, and we have short stories in the future. In the end, it's been a fun wild ride with this manga, and I'll miss it greatly. Looking forward to her next work!

Also lmao at her self-insert on the cover page.

Users who are viewing this thread