BEASTARS

Fed-Kun's army
@cyphexada

I wouldn't call it that. It's really good, and I'm not really a fan of furry stuff. The draw is mostly the character drama.

@petra

I think nearly every character in this is confirmed "not the best grandfather/father/wife/mother/lover/girlfriend/schoolmate/friend/etc. in the world", but that's what makes them interesting to watch. They're imperfect, even though some of the are trying to do a decent job at their relationships.

@Calihan

It's pretty obviously a reference to various forms of traditional eastern medicine (particularly Chinese) where different parts of an animal are used to treat specific ailments.

Ironically, there were other portions that would have been even more gruesome and life-threatening.

@EaterofBooks Life threatening? Probably. Gruesome? Probably not. The author could have choosen something else for the ailment of the guy comming to the shop. Just another reason for a story to chop off some genitals.

Dex-chan lover
@ElBichoRaro Thanks man, it's sad to see him fade into obscurity. So it's nice my avatar could remind somebody about him even for a brief while. I'd comment on nice avatar too but I don't recognize that coat of arms, I'm afraid.

@cyphexada Damn I can't deny that it may be stepping into furry territory... but it presents a very believable animal society with all its complexity and moral dilemmas. It's very cool. If you doubt this manga, try the other one by the same author. It's a similar theme but a 6 chapter, short one shots.

@darkfrozen that kinda pun... father? are you reading ecchi on mangadex? ohh the shame...

Double-page supporter
@horsewithnoname: Scatman John was my childhood! Also, the coat of arms is something I made up based on my last name's coat of arms (it comes from Spain), and then I added a bug on a field of azure on the right side because of the meaning of my username (while it means "The Weirdo" as an expression, literally, it means "The Weird Bug").

Group Leader
Beastar and the story of how I read 135 chapters in a single day.

This is an easy 10/10, no need for second thoughts.

Double-page supporter
i started a skeptic. i finished a fan. you just cant really hate any of the characters.

Dex-chan lover
@ElBichoRaro Huh. I guess it's quite appropriate since people who liked scatman are really indeed quite weird. You find them lurking around manga sites looking for fun instead of just being normal :) not excluding myself of course. I was really dumbfounded when I found out manga/anime is huge in Spain and Portugal. Since I kept seeing AMVs with the title "subtitulado" and "legendado" all over youtube. Must be hard being weeb in Europe.

@TwilightFaze aw geez I can't read that without also humming its melody and now it's stuck again, thanks a bunch! Oh well at least it overrides frickin despacito. Your comment takes me back to earlier time youtube where people are still posting "RIP scatman, have fun at scatland" and such. We were all OG veteran memelords back then... ahh the memories.

sometimes I imagine them as humans and seeing legosi sleeping with a naked middle-aged man is kind of disturbing

Can someone tell me if this is actually horror and to what extent, cuz Idk if I wanna read it at 3 am

Users who are viewing this thread