BEASTARS

10/10, best love story since Romeo & Juliet.

Honestly though, I've only been invested for a few days, but I'm already in love, completely and fully. When my friend suggested this (the anime) to me, I assumed it was just gonna be some furry thing... and that he might be a closeted furry, but I didn't really care since I always love a cute wolf/bunny dynamic. But I will say that this is the most I've seen done with this beautiful dynamic in a lloooong long time!

Anyway, I'm so happy that I just went and watched it with no cares, cause I think I've stumbled upon the best story that I've read in a long time. Maybe years. Simply, what enraptured me is the way that this artist does somewhat portray love and struggles like these in a realistic way. Love isn't just mushy, its tough, and sometimes it can simply be straightforward with no pretense and sugar coating. Not only that, but the constant internal conflicts make the romance so much stronger than they ever could be. They're both at odds with who and what they are in comparison to one another and it just makes their struggle to find a good middle ground something really special to experience.

Not to mention how much I love the portrayal of all these characters. Imo, there is not so much of a moral agenda and it just portrays teenagers as they would be.
Haru being someone who sacrificed her reputation for her place in society as someone to be taken seriously,
and even Legosi being a anxious, awkward teenager whose going through things which he can barely control. As I said with the romance, as nervous and sugary his feelings were for her in the beginning, I feel like it continues to cement itself as more and more genuine as the pretense of puppy love starts to fade (not that is a bad thing though.) I just feel like, while I didnt think they had much in common, or that they weren't particularly compatible in the beginning, as they grew more comfortable, it became clear that the spark just needed to get bigger. And again, this author is just a genius at writing these situations and interactions. It's such a joy to even read the arguments! Like idk man, it's just great. This isn't a review, it's just a thought vomit on how much I enjoyed this manga thus far (to chapter 47 now.)

@EaterOfBooks
"This isn't a zero-sum game where one series has to be absolutely superior to the other."
I am not doing that, I am talking about ONE thing that Beastars one ups Jojo while being it's own thing, but you are so miserable that you can't look at a comment with another opinion telling you that this manga has something else to offer that is not provided in Araki's work.

Heard the animation came out. Heard it's on Netflix. When does it come out in America?

I still find it weird that the back alley market is an open secret. Everyone knows where it is, and it's not closed down.

Fed-Kun's army
@BigCoffee: I compare it to the Freemasons: The Secret Society everyone knows about.

I think the BAM exists initially to help stave the carnivores from going too crazy, even though it's illegal. Kinda like hackers that used to be able to shut down government computers that now work for them: A necessary evil.

I'm still puzzled as to why no one is shooting Meron, he's literally a psychopath, he does whatever he wants and no one's stopping him. Hell he just killed a Lion, man the lions are a bunch of weak spined idiots now. A far shot from the gangsters of the early chapters.

@BigCoffee Melon (Meron, whatever the hell his name is now) is a ruthless bastard who gets shit done for better or for worse, the BAM knows that Strength = Good, and the Lions got soft Post-Louis. They need strength, he provides it, they don't have to like him, they just need the fact the man has enough Chutzpah (sheer audacity) to slit one of their own's throat to make sure everyone knows that they own the market.

Users who are viewing this thread