BEASTARS

I think the shifting magic Leopard spots really did it for me. The Mangaka is really just making shit up as she goes now huh? Glad to drop this...

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Went from really interesting 9/10 to a 5/10 over the last 50 chapters. Story just stopped making sense overall with random stuff that keeps getting thrown in or legosis attitudes which make no sense, when there were arcs that worked on those attitudes and "fixed" them.

I wanna see haru again

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Yup, once the shonen fight stuff stops the story quality suddenly shoots back up. Whatever happens, I really wanna see how Parus skills develop afterwards.

If anyone wonders why English takes so much longer than others, I think it’s because they have so many people working on it, they have like 5-7 when others have at most 2-3

Why do people take this manga so goddamn seriously? Like 'Oh that doesn't make sense they could never do that' And, 'interspecies couple would never actually be able to work out' Like, Seriously??? This is a work of FICTION. Things happen in it that don't make sense and you can't really apply real world physics to this kind of stuff. And to the people complaining about to @4V29LN0n, What the fuck did you expect from a manga called 'Beastars"? What kind of fucking cover do you expect? Like, come on man. Quit being stupid.

Dex-chan lover
This shit was weird in a good sense some times ago, now is just utterly trash

Dex-chan lover
wow people shitting on this manga 24/7, people complaining its furbait but the manga is about furries, people saying it's not a high school murder mystery any more well because it was never one, people complaining that the mystic is weird, yeah it's weird but the author is just trying to make the animal more interesting nothing wrong with that, honestly if you just hate this arc like me just said it i mean wtf power of friendship in the black market? are you fucking kidding me? legosi coming to the black market after he train mentally for so long and no fucking fight scene wtf also why the fuck did paru think that making the other criminal two-dimensional was a good idea. Honestly if you guys hate the new arc just said it no need to be petty and also no need to hate paru for trying thing with her own manga yeah it's weird but it's not bad.

Amazing how most of the comments in defense here boil down to "You're not allowed to criticize this because <reason>". Oh wait no it's not.
Guess what guys: Baiting and switching people then jumping the shark once per chapter for like half a year is bound to piss people off. I was in this for this characters, not even the plot, and I can't bring myself to give a shit anymore because literally everything about the story has gone so off the rails that it's impossible to relate to anymore. If you described, without names or identifying information, the plot of the first 30 chapters and the plot of the last 30 so far most people would not think they are the same story. In fact most people wouldn't even think they're the same genre.
If you like trash, fine, but this has been trash since Melon arrived.

It feels like Beastars is over but never really got an ending. I don’t really feel like bitching about it even. I’m just sad.

I know a lot of people arent huge fans of the recent story but I'm really enjoying the recent chapters. I think they're fun

Fed-Kun's army
If you removed the majority of the last 20 chapters and start right at 183 it probably wouldn't change much and even make the situation with beastars much better. Its felt like Paru lost direction with the series a while ago but still wanted to get out chapters regardless and only recently got her groove back.
[Im personally probably going to reread right up to melons introduction and a get a few chapters in and then skip and see how it feels. I need a refresher anyway because its been over half a year since he was introduced. Yafya's appearances will probably be a lot smoother as well now that I think about it. The whole lewd bunny crap really derailed the main character drama and it feels weird and out of place now that its back]

Ive been semi jokingly saying it felt like Paru was taking inspiration from her dads work and disregarding her own unique story structure that hooked everyone.

The state of this series is sad but I have some hope now things will recover after this arc unless Paru abruptly ends things.
Really sad about the decision to wreck legosi's face from throwaway scenes but maybe she will just shoehorn prosthetics again similar to what happened with his teeth

So, if you don't like and say it as "I don't care about this manga anymore", have you considered just dropping it?
Heck, y'all aren't even reading it legally, and you have guts to shit on everything? Entitled much?

Users who are viewing this thread