BEASTARS

My opinion of this- furry hell with a decreasing quality in the storyline as it goes on

I love this series but that ending for me was really underwhelming. I expected it to end with haru and legosi married and then a fast forward to their kids or something, and then maybe a cliffhanger.

Overall I do completely and wholly reccomend to give this one a read. Completely worth it.

Before season 3: 9/10
After season 3: 6/10

Don't let people whining make you think it's below a 5 at any point, they've not read enough to see what real crap manga looks like. The world building in this is amazing. Sadly at season three Paru tried something new and you can tell her heart wasn't in it.

Aggregator gang
A piss poor ending can really ruin your story, hence why so many mangakas never truly have a final chapter unless it's a purposefully shorter story. Don't really get why this had to happen whether Paru just wasn't into her own story anymore or editors got too heavy handed. It's a shame cause many people won't touch this now due to the building reputation of the ending.

Dex-chan lover
Had to stop at around chapter 90 or so. That "battle arc" was so high-octane shounen, talk-no-jutsu garbage I couldn't even believe it.
Unless someone will tell me we'll never see that sort of crap ever again, the childish Naruto fights that override reality with stupid metaphors, this is a hard pass. Started out great, ended up 5/10.

9/10 This is a Shounen borderline Seinen, quite the heavy stuff, it's good and give you a lot to think about, you can transpose many situation with our actual world, If you love deep talking and cogitate about what's going on around you, you will definitly love Beastars. (¬‿¬)

Really enjoyed reading this as my first manga. Very pleased with the happy ending, although I wish the story could continue on. 10/10

The sad part about this manga is that it lost itself at some point.

Still recommendable, enjoyable but as a whole its more a 8/10 than a 9/10.

For the first 75% of the manga, it's a 9/10 for me. However, the remaining 25% is a 7/10 and the end itself is a 5/10 because it leaves so many questions unanswered and doesn't feel like a satisfying conclusion. I dearly hope there'll be a sequel to end this story properly.

My overall impression is 7/10 because the ending disappointed me. Had it not been for the ending, I'd have given the series a 8/10.

Hopefully, the anime adaption will be aware of the general reaction to the manga's ending and will handle it better than the mangaka did.

it was only a gimmick, but it had a lot of potential with the gimmick, could of been a 9/10 or 10/10 if they actually made the story a story that could stand on its own but no, story is meh at best, then drops extremely hard at the end. 3~4/10

It doesn't drop that badly at the end - thats a bit of a bandwagon. 9/10

Great story, great execution, wonderful world building, interesting characters - and also:

This is the most shounen-y manga I've read in a long, long time. I think thats awesome

"Truth is the only tragedy is Junos love life"
rofl

I think my fav characters were the those guys left in the drama club and the canine buddies from his dorm. Feel a bit bad for Juno, but she'll do fine. Glad it worked out for everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread