Being able to your friend's manga ratings?

I think its kinda weird that there's no way to see the ratings of friends at all. It would be cool if we could !

Dex-chan lover
If manga ratings are made visible, then ratings by some members will be affected by desire to be known as ostensibly having some opinion or by aversion to being known for having some opinion.

Dex-chan lover
I do kinda want to see what people think a 10/10 title looks like, but I'm worried some people might go around checking other people MD list and be like:

"Oh? You think this Manga that I think is stupid and appalling is masterpiece?? F*** you!! I'm gonna DM you and make your life hard everytime I see you!"

Does Friending someone requires the person to accept? If so, I guess it could be harmless. Especially if a User setting is added that lets you control "Who can see my ratings": [Friends/Nobody] with one of the two being at default. There could even be an [Everybody] option.
And on top of that, we could even have a way to selectively disable the possibility for someone to see our ratings. Like in IM apps to selectively disable the possibility of seeing "Last seen" times per person. It could also be disabled automatically for Blocked users.

I think sharing opinions with other people, in a voluntary and safe way, can only be beneficial.

Users who are viewing this thread