Berserk - Ch. 376 - Sea's quivering surface and calamitous war's shadow

Dex-chan lover
at this pace I think they should have like 30 chapters to wrap it up, so 20-25 years pace or 50 if they cut short on their page count.

I wonder what did Miura plan originally for the story....

In a battle between armies of thousands with giants, monsters and demons clashing, how would the inevitable Guts v Griffith happen, if even.....
This is what he originally plan, just the exact details and drawing maybe different, the overall story Miura has told to his friend now the overseer of this berserk manga.
This guy has written holyland and have a much faster pace and tight with content style than berserk. And this guys is not know for humor so we would see a lot of less of puck joke and such.

Fed-Kun's army
Miura would NEVERRRRR have tossed in several assets of the Hagia Sophia for Kushan. That's not era OR geographically accurate, Kushan is a pre-islamic south Asian kingdom for one and the Hagia Sophia is NOT A PALACE for two.

And also WTF is going with Puck's characterization? Look at the black swordsman arc and then this. That's not the same character. And in fact, he's not even the same as chestnut puck because this puck just doesn't give a fuck about anything??? That's the opposite of what Puck is like.
This is not Miura's writing anymore, man! Just deal with it! Don't be a baby! If you don't agree with the way this is developing... Just stop reading or do a better story and show us (as a medium! lol) how Miura would really do this or that!

Still no improvements on the art even after all these months? Wow, sucks to see how far a legend has fallen.

EDIT: Looks like we're going to war huh.....oh brother. Prolly gonna take another 20 chapters before either side puts a foot on the battlefield.
EDIT 2: Also, they have like 0 chance of defeating or even inflicting any sort of major wounds on Griffith's army. I also just can't see how Guts could ever defeat Griffith besides via an asspull involving the moonchild.
Miura died, the art we are seeing is his colleges' who had friendly relationships with him and knew of his plans for the plot, they are imitating Miura's artstyle and being aided by the editors, but at the same time most of them have their own manga that are still ongoing.
The art is still looking great, I don't think we can complain, specially since tragically the original mangaka died and what we are getting is the continuation of his work by his peers out of respect for him.

hm interesting, going back to chapter 283 feels like this was being setup and Silat had planned to attack Griffith

Dex-chan lover
Like I feared, continuing Berserk was a mistake.
It's not about the art not being as good, it's the storytelling that is not good. This chapter felt like a chapter from a bellow average mangá, the flow of the scenes was confusing.

This is where we part, Adeus.

Double-page supporter
Still no improvements on the art even after all these months? Wow, sucks to see how far a legend has fallen.

EDIT: Looks like we're going to war huh.....oh brother. Prolly gonna take another 20 chapters before either side puts a foot on the battlefield.
EDIT 2: Also, they have like 0 chance of defeating or even inflicting any sort of major wounds on Griffith's army. I also just can't see how Guts could ever defeat Griffith besides via an asspull involving the moonchild.
You know he's dead right? Like, extremely not-alive.

Like I feared, continuing Berserk was a mistake.
It's not about the art not being as good, it's the storytelling that is not good. This chapter felt like a chapter from a bellow average mangá, the flow of the scenes was confusing.

This is where we part, Adeus.
can guarantee if miura never died and made the exact same chapter you would have not noticed a difference in quality beyond art, everyone's going super nitpicky now

I’m guessing Shierke is trying to pull Guts out of depresso momento. Cmon man, we need you in this war😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread