Berserk of Gluttony - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - A Still Village

Dex-chan lover
dont know if I remember this from raw, or from actual novel...

Futurama-Fry-thinking-meme-blank.png

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for more!
I'm curious whether we'll get to shown MC having an "In your face villagers!" moment or would we get to see those villagers being ungrateful prick...

this plot point is stupid. its like the author said the villagers are evil to be evil. doesnt make sense

Aggregator gang
@ABCsOfLife
There aren't a lot of survivors from this for him to even bother shoving things in their face. Fate only really focused on protecting the guy and his daughter.

@gakose
It's not that they are evil, they are just dicks stuck in their own ways. Fate wanted to believe people can change but then sees how they are just the same. However thanks to that he realized that at the very least, Seto did change and he became a better man for it.

Double-page supporter
I was hoping he'd kill all the villagers by the end of it all but the gargoyles did it instead. They the real MVPs.

This makes no sense lol
The villagers mistreated him just because he was an orphan?If they ignored him because he is "useless" is one thing,but burn down his house,throw rocks at him and banish him from the village like some kind of cursed child just because his father - who was something like the guard of the city - died makes no sense at all.
Feels like the author wanted us to hate the villagers but couldn't come up with any proper way of doing it so he just went with them being evil for the sake of being evil.

@mruggeri2 his father had that value but not him. That’s why, other villagers tolerated the existence of his good for nothing child who can only eat.' and rumor, that if he was left alone for too long, he’ll bring great misfortune to the village. (this one take from wn). really the villager lived in medieval (uncivilized) and really poor unable to become rich, staying poor, made their mind deteriorate of course they going to believe that.

Group Leader
Black Shadow?

WATASHI WA SHINAI
SHINEN ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like the design, but holy shit the manga author can't design functional weapons. The sword was bad. The bow was hilariously super bad. The scythe actually looks functional at least. Annnnnnnnd then they used it like a fucking boomerang. God dammit. At least it's still magic, so that could still work for the scythe, but .. ugh..

So much of this manga is 7 or 8 /10, but the weapon functionality design is like forks in my eyes.

Dex-chan lover
karma always come with the most satisfying entry ~

but the WN more dark than this
on WN its more brutal, that bastard village chief want to sacrifice his own granddaughter to Gargoyles but got eaten by Gargoyle instead...
that village is really beyond saving, they are more beast than the beast itself....
and MC saving that former asshole childhood 'friend' because of the Daughter, since if he died then the Daughter become orphan, he know the pain of being orphan since he's orphan too....
MC still holding grudge against him. and yeah, he's lost his hair because of stress, thats why his forehead is wide LOL

Users who are viewing this thread