Berserk of Gluttony - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - A Still Village

Dex-chan lover
This chapter makes little sense on a lot of aspects. Why is the village almost completely burning like under 1 minute after the MC realised they were attacking? Why was the village not destroyed already in the previous attack if they can burn houses so quickly ?

Dex-chan lover
Turn the spotlights on the people,
Switch the dial and eat the worm.
Take your chances, kill the engine,
Drop your bombs and let it burn.
White flags shot to ribbons,
The truce is black and burned,
Shellshock in the kitchen,
Tables overturned.
Back in the village again,
In the village.
I'm back in the village again.
Throwing dice now, rolling loaded,
I see sixes all the way.
In a black hole, and I'm spinning
As my wings get shot away.
No breaks on the inside,
Paper cats and burning barns,
There's a fox among the chickens,
And a killer in the hounds.
Questions are a burden
And answers are a prison for oneself
Shellshock in the kitchen
Tables start to burn.
In the village.
But still we walk into the valley
And others try to kill the inner flame
We're burning brighter than before
I don't have a number, I'M A NAME!
In the village.

Fed-Kun's army
They're just talking then BAM! Houses burning, everybody dying, organs being eaten. How does that work? You noticed it just now?

How has this guy managed to age what looks like a decade at least and have what looks like a 6-7 ish year old kid in the span of five years

Kinda makes my woner if the source material is equally low quality or it's just the illustrator who doesn't care.

Double-page supporter
The pack leader's left!?! Not the pack leader! No! He'll uh... uhm... Well I mean killing two gargoyles is enough to out-stat him and you just killed a million but oh... No! Not the pack leader!

That guy said he's changed since becoming a father yet it doesn't seem to have helped him recognize the filthy village he's living in nor how it would corrupt his daughter. Mental disconnect. As the MC, I probably would have walked away, after the village refused my help, let the town's people reap what they've sewn, then return afterwards to kill all the monsters for Gluttony.

Supporter
What the fuck is wrong with those villagers? They, some poor peasants with I assume no skills, really did something like that because he had an unknown skill? They need to hire a warrior to fight a monster with the spear skill user gone, so it seems like THEY have no skills worth talking about either, so what the fuck? Why hate on Fate specifically?

Why haven't they all killed themselves for also being useless trash, then? It'd make their shitty village a 1000 times better

Dex-chan lover
facepalm-statue.jpg

Chuunibyou occurs in all sorts of places, but in Japan in particular it seems to have so many consistent yet utterly pointless attributes, including lopsided cursed bodyparts and scythes.
But throwing said scythe and conveniently comboing all the enemies purposely lined up in a row to be killed is taking this to whole new levels of contrived power-fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
Those gargoyle nose rings are actually quite a smart detail from the author. The pack leader doesn't have the ring, whereas all the underlings do. This is because a nose ring symbolises subservience. Bulls have traditionally had nose rings for humans to be able to control them, and indeed it was effective.

Fed-Kun's army
Wtf? Why would you need a skill to live as a villager? Just farm or do manual labour. Even peasants in the medieval ages know not to throw away their children, as they serve as manual labour and manpower

Users who are viewing this thread