Berserk of Gluttony - Vol. 6 Ch. 26 - The Black Sword & The Holy Sword

Dex-chan lover
I thought a great plot twist happened with the comments but ... well... it was dropped.

It's not the greatest manga, I could forget it in 2 months but it was really entertaining, not making it too stupid or too ecchi, just the right amount of edgyness

Thanks for working on it all this time.

Dex-chan lover
@Vengeance22 'Cause they don't want to deal with the increased likelihood of interaction with angry publishers and their lawyers, they don't want to bother working for free on something that will be done to professional standards by paid employees eventually anyway, or pretty much anything else because it doesn't really matter "why." A group could just as easily drop a series because they don't even like it as readers themselves, or because they're simply too busy to scanlate anymore.

Whatever the why is, what would've mattered is will anyone else pick it up. Someone already has by the look of it, though the best they could do for now in that regard is release their own version of this chapter to stake a claim as it were. We'll see how that all goes when this actually updates again I suppose.

Double-page supporter
lul, just read another manga that too had a stampede happening in current chapter.

Ah yes, when one country licenses a series, every country must pay the price since no one will EN translate it anymore. I'm being passive-agressive, but you should understand that not every country has the official releases available for them. Even still, thanks for the work.

Aggregator gang
Ok... To anyone who knows... Spoil me, does she find out, is she ok with it and do they get together ????? I need to know but dont know Japanese

Aggregator gang
@Glomoro You're missing my point, I was saying that once again a good series gets licensed in America and the rest of the world who reads manga in English gets stuffed because of it. Groups really should stop uploading from US servers if the laws over there are that bitchy. there's plenty of countries with way laxer regulations, so they could upload from them by using proxies or something, pretty sure there are ways to outwit the US beaurocracy.
As for supporting the official releases, yeah I would do that if they would release it world-wide at an affordable price-range, but with 15 dollars for a manga and humongous hiatus between releases they can go screw themselves, I'd rather not read it! With that much money I can buy more useful stuff for my livelyhood.

Dex-chan lover
@Vengeance22 Yeah well, let's be real here. That isn't this group's problem. It's not any group's problem. It's yours, so you go ahead and find something that you can do about it. Find some sites that pirate official translations, or look for groups that don't specifically avoid licensed works and see if they're interested in working on stuff that's been dropped. Like I said, someone already expressed interest in this specific series anyway but, I'm sure you've got a couple of others in mind that haven't been picked up again yet.

Personally, I have a list of dropped series that's too long for me to even estimate offhand, most of which don't even have the benefit of being licensed for some overpriced localization I might be able to just pirate. They're just dead in the water and will likely stay that way because they're getting old and new series are coming out all the time. I will probably never finish reading any of them unless I just bite the bullet and learn to read Japanese and go find the originals somewhere myself. But I'm just not motivated enough to do that, so I've learned to let it go at that point. I keep a follow or a bookmark just in case, and move on.

Honestly, it's kind of the same when a series gets axed or something. Shit happens, deal with it.

Aggregator gang
Man, such a good manga....enjoyed it while it lasted.
P.s my country don't get official manga release material. Sucks for sure. But hey, enjoyed it while it lasted.
Can't fight it, gotta move on.
Still, gonna miss it tho.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh well, thank you for your hard work. This manga is not that great tbh, but it's very entertaining and I enjoyed my time with it. Looks like someone's gonna read the light novel.

@Joey102 technically, idgaf

@The_FalseProphet in accordance to outdated copyright laws devised to protect authors' intellectual properties and income during their natural lifespans, immortal god-like entities known as companies adquire the rights to those properties with the aim of exploiting them eternally.

Users who are viewing this thread