Berserk - Vol. 18 Ch. 135 - Tower of Shadow (1)

Dex-chan lover
Now she'll become a sadist and a masochist too. I still can't understand where this blind fate is coming from.

Woah there... The real historical Spanish Inquisition wasn't that hardcore! They were actually pretty tame compared to witch hunting mobs in Northern Europe and America most convicts and accused were well fed and were forgiven as soon as they accepted the bible

W̶e̸ ̴a̶l̷l̵ ̵k̸n̷e̸w̷ ̴t̷h̵e̸r̸e̴,̴ ̵t̵h̶e̴ ̶s̴n̵a̷k̵e̶ ̵w̸a̷s̵ ̸t̴h̸e̵ ̸D̶ ̶a̴n̵d̴ ̴t̶h̸e̸ ̵m̶a̸n̶ ̸k̷i̸s̶s̴e̸d̴ ̷i̵t̵.̶.̷

Group Leader
@Justabeaner
isn't that what religion is tho?
Idk man, my knowledge about the word "cult" is scarce since I'm not a native.

But Wiki-chan here sure helps a lot for me.
In modern English, a cult is a social group that is defined by its unusual religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or by its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal. This sense of the term is controversial, having divergent definitions both in popular culture and academia, and has also been an ongoing source of contention among scholars across several fields of study. It is usually considered pejorative.
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult
(I only read that part)

Now, based on my personal experience. I can say that the true religion is not something like what Wiki-chan says about cult above.

Imho, a cult is just a group of people whose beliefs are far from the norm (true religion) and considered dangerous. Just like that I*IS assholes.

I hope what I mean can be conveyed to you. (This line here is gtranslated)

EDIT: I hope my opinion here doesn't start a war

Dex-chan lover
Good god this is reminding me of every chapter from Akame ga Kill.
So much edge
Hope Guts shows up and shaves the ass off that priest

Aggregator gang
@nyaasar there are no true religions, there are only popular religions. Cult definition isn’t very specific or defined, and you can call this a cult but as they are part of the main church of that world, I would not really call them a cult. And since this takes place in a medieval setting, the church will have many different groups of people doing different things under the same beliefs, doesn’t really matter if they are a cult or not.

This is not religion , this is a cult. I understand the line between the two may blur, but that is because lots of cults try to disguise themselves as a religion

these is a difference between a free being who
practice his own part of religion the way he want
and a being guided/forced to be part of it
and by that, this so called religion is no more a "religion itself" but just a sacred creation by that being.

Users who are viewing this thread