Berserk - Vol. 41 Ch. 359 - A Wall

@VexedReprobate Imagine thinking that rape is the biggest issue that Casca has to get over. I think all her friends and comrades being betrayed and brutally murdered by a man she idolized is a tad more important.
In any case, yeah, you don't solve issues by just ignoring/walking away from them.

Dex-chan lover
@WaldDerWolf It's probably a whole shitload of issues yes but you don't get "over" nightmarish terror that would turn some of the strongest strong men and woman insane.
Of course this can't continue forever and it won't, Casca is not the type for that as we just have seen but I guess it's literally several years of horror that charge into her mind at once when she sees him ... that takes some time to sort out.

Dex-chan lover
about the new manga :
- the good news are : it seems that Miura only writes the story and produces duranki , all the drawings are done by his assistants in studio gaga . so he wont spend much time with duranki .

- but the bad news are : Miura wont spend much time with duranki , but that doesnt mean he will spend more time to write and draw Berserk , because he is busy playing video games , lol .

- looks like duranki will have a greece theme , with the angel , the satyr and the chimera .

page 8 : for some reasons , puck is cosplaying baikinman . maybe because baikinman sounds like vikingman .

so miura wasted his time to design and draw the white dress for casca , and now he just throws everything into the trash-can and wastes his time again to give her a new design .

x10.png

This chapter was great. It was a dick move to end Casca and Guts' reunion on a cliffhanger that made it seem like Casca might've reverted back to potato form, but this chapter finally makes up for it. It was delightful seeing Casca as herself again, and seeing her swordfight. Her being unable to see Guts without recalling the trauma is a bittersweet resolution, fitting for Berserk, and I'm looking forward to see the journey she takes on the road to recovery in future chapters.

That being said, I see concerns over the future of Berserk in light of Miura's announcement of a new manga. It's important to understand that this one comic has been 99% of his creative output, for almost 30 years, and unlike something like Jojo where the characters and setting can completely change, this story has kept the same characters, setting, and plot momentum for all that time. People are thinking that the new manga will slow Berserk releases, but I think the opposite might happen, and that Miura getting to work on something not Berserk-related will help him cope with the task of creating new chapters. I won't say Berserk releases will speed up, cuz that's a bit too optimistic, but I don't think the speed of releases will be affected. The man has drawn a shit-ton for decades now, he can handle working on a mere two series at once.

@MilkDrinker That's what I'm thinking too, the series is gonna start creeping into darker territory now that Casca has healed. Her being traumatized by seeing Guts is the first taste of this, and as the Guts vs. Griffith confrontation becomes imminent, I think the darker elements will come back into play. Whatever it is, I'm excited to see it unfold.

Fed-Kun's army
nice chapter, alright see you guys next year. hopefully we cover why skull-bro is here next chapter and not more boring bs about Griffith playing Civ 5

Ok so if we do rushed end it's gonna play out like this.
They quickly make a plan with SK and he uses the sword to open a rift with the face sword.
Griffin who was just called in last chapter is with the other god hands.
Guts and friends jump in to the meeting from the rift and stab them all to death.
The kid gets with the mermaid.
Then guts marries Casca, the witch and Farnese.
They all live happily ever after.

@WaldDerWolf When did I say that rape was the biggest/ most traumatic thing she needed to get through? You're literally making my point; many rape victims develop chronic ptsd as a result of their abuse, so when someone experiences even worse trauma than that, it's pretty stupid to say they just "need to get over it" and just "stop ignoring it".

Dex-chan lover
i guess the reasons why Miura starts ANOTHER new serie after 1 volume of Gigantomakhia :
- he is bored and sick with berserk .

- he is running out of new ideas for berserk , so he drags the story as long as he can .

- but he doesnt want to end berserk because it is still his cash cow to buy new video games . so he starts new serie after new serie , and if they sell quickly like berserk volumes , then he will drop berserk completly and stick to the new serie .

@MangaField
I see, that makes a lot of sense for your perception of time to be belied by the speed at witch you caught up. However the last 200 chapters are in my opinion the embodiment of Guts' struggles to save Casca, right in his grasp yet never to be touched, I find it quite poetic for it to be so "easy" to summarise, and effectively so hard to achieve for Guts, I find it to be quite fitting with how absurd and gruelling his task is.

Also the last few arcs are quite well crafted, albeit somewhat lacking in originality: we follow a Grifith who is apparently redeemed and who is quite heavily relied upon, making us doubt our hatred for him, and we are dragged along Guts' etrrnal struggles, unable to picture how could this whole series end well for him.

I for one smell the looming Shakespearean ending, everybody dies.

That aside, I find it to be deserving of its status as a masterpiece. Nothing is without flaws after all, and it's all about how it resonates with you, no point in trying to define a single vision, and that applies for any and everything.

Dex-chan lover
Dang, that is so cruel. To fight every single day, get to the place of healing, only for it to be taken right away thanks to an additional curse already in place.

Griffith, how far will you push before Guts comes at you to remove the curse?

Users who are viewing this thread