Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

Ooooooooo character development!!!! Save this child Eugene, and if you can't dont add to her overflowing plate! I'm glad he's understanding all the terrible things they did to her and how she thought she deserved it. This is good!

Character development yay. Honestly I think that Eugene had a lot on his plate as a child and the fact that he can still try to understand Hari through all of that is heartwarming. Not only does he have to deal with his mother's problem and cover his siblings abuse towards Hari, he still had room to try to understand his sister and the fact that she was the one being wronged in that situation. He was being surrounded on all sides about the right thing to do but he still made the mature choice nevertheless. I really respect that

When we begin to realize the contempt the brothers have against Hari started from their childhood, only brewing to become more severe in their adulthood, we'll see that there were reasons their "childish thinking" now takes on a different plane of abuse on the long run. Let's realize that they're all children right now too, apart from the emotionally and mentally mature Hari. Of course, we can't just simply brush off the abuse they've done before in the different timeline. But that's a different timeline, where they grew up with contempt. Here, there's a chance for a better relationship among them.

Dex-chan lover
cool finally starting to man up to the bullshit he did, now he needs to keep getting better, then the brothers and then everyone needs to help the fucking mom coz jesus shes the more mentally unstable right now

All these poor souls in this family... I hope they can learn to accept each other and live harmoniously as a family eventually. This timeline has some significant event happening that didn't take place in previous timeline that forces the oldest brother to reflect and take the right action such as this abandonment incident. Hopefully the parents will survive and do some reflections of their own too.
I think things took a worse turn in the original timeline after the parents' death because that means the boys lost both their parents and youngest sister all within 2 years. It's a large toll on anyone, let alone children. There's no excusing for their abuses, but we can still emphasize with them.

I wonder if the death of both parents is related. like the mother going unstable with her mental health, remember the father said that he's keeping an eye on the mother's situation. and as we can see on Eugene's POV, she's not quite well yet

Users who are viewing this thread