Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
@Berdy: I think her not crying is actually because she likes them enough that the self-loathing she felt for not being able to save them (even though she did save them once from the original cause of death) would crush her.

Basically right now her mind subconsciously block her from breaking down by making her emotionally numb.

Which also means she will eventually have a break down moment while being comforted by someone, and said person will basically get the "she trust/love you enough to actually let loose her emotions with you" achievement and rise to the #1 spot in the male lead race.

Noooo I had hoped so hard that she was going to stop them from dying! 😭

Thank you for translating this chapter.

People grieve in different ways. Not showing emotion is so common. People can just be in this state of shock or unable to fully accept the situation that someone they love is gone. Other emotions can also get in the way of sadness in her stead its guilt of not fully preventing the parents death.

People want her to be cathartic and display sadness but that’s disingenuous to herself and her parents. She doesn’t give them that satisfaction because they don’t and should not dictate how she should act in that situation. Grief is not something to validate.

what the fuck are wrong with y'all who dare saying Hari is"horny" for other characters? they're just kids for god's sake....

well i can empathize with Hari a lot, i never cried for the death of people from my family and i don't think i will ever be able to. Some people just aren't wired that way.

When my grandparents died I never cried and I THINK it was because I was too young and didn’t really understand what was happening but I’m not really sure as I still haven’t cried about it even years later

Dex-chan lover
Hari is definitely emotionally numb at this stage. Sometimes, if you feel too much at once, your body shuts down to protect itself and you just can't feel anything. It sucks.

She might break down at some point, or she might not show it ever, but she clearly loved her parents. I'm sure the two younger boys will forget this fact because they're children and this is pretty normal behavior for children in grief, but...well, what can you do?

The second time reading this and I can't help but think how suspicious the parents of the love interest are? They pretty much tolerated everything with a smile and now extend their hands. They could be great people, but Hari is reliving her life for a reason, right?

Wait, if this is the same universe as WMMAP, and Ijekiel is friends with siblings in WMMAP, looking at the time line, the imperial family should NOT have any sons though? Can someone explain or this is a plot hole (universe hold IDK)

Fed-Kun's army
Eugene :(
he's still so young, he has been dealing with family matters ever since he was a baby himself, had to watch his mother being mentally ill, had to take care of his siblings, and now... suddenly the head of the house. he's still a boy :(

Dex-chan lover
Some people simply dont cry at others deaths. This isnt a character failing, its just that people process grief differently. Eugene and hari are similar in that way

WAIT
The reason I read this was because I was curious. Also, it says on the cover page that this shares the same universe as WMMAP. In WMMAP, Athy doesn't have any brothers, and
the brunette girl isn't even her actual sister, she's a chimera made with black magic and the first prince's DNA
. Is it safe to assume that the second prince mentioned here is Athy's dad Claude? How old is he at this time? Roughly the same age as the boys I'm assuming since they call him the second prince and not prince or emperor yet. If so, it's so cool that we basically get to see a prologue of sorts to WMMAP, even though it's the lives of other characters and Athy hasn't even been born yet haha

ngl kinda hoping for an x-over of sorts, as a sort of sneak peek at how the older charas in WMMAP are like as young kids. I'm binging rn, but hopefully in future chapters something similar will be included.

i remember when one of our teacher died and i couldnt shed even one tear in school
half the school was crying and the other half was like me
later on i went home locked myself to my room and it just hit me that they had died and i cried myself to sleep
some people just process things and grieve differently it doesnt make the hurt they go through less
the feeling of wanting to be strong for others and wondering why it happened is very familiar to me and i relate to the mc a lot in this chapter

Users who are viewing this thread