Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 29

Fed-Kun's army
@Pocky8 Damn right. Bet she wants to take over the house and their riches or something.

Although she doesn't want to burden Eugene, I wonder can't she tell the head butler or someone else about this situation? It's not like they can't find another adult to take care of Cabel and Erich right? It's not like this b*tch truly has the best of intentions for this family either.

I hope through her and Cabel's relationship, Cabel is able to realized the abuse she's going through and support her and with it be able to overcome his depressive state. SUPPORT goes both ways :)

There are some situations that even though you know what would be the outcome, there's is nothing you could have done about it.
I guess since Hari is already an adult (mentally), she was only trying to observe or guide the brothers like a big sister would do.

@Nixnaw Maybe in Hari’s previous life Erich and Cabel was taken care of pretty well and she thinks that this is the best course of action instead of making everyone go through a possibly mentally and emotionally taxing event just to kick out the aunt. She’s probably thinking she’s the only one suffering so why make it difficult for the others if she only needs to endure what she thinks she can take.

It’s sad but it makes sense. Probably the only thing that’ll make her change is if somebody else notices and gets angry for her.

Plus she is doing something @xxxsrhxxx
She’s trying to be there for them as much as she can

little rant here, i was trying to make myself go to sleep; so i daydreamed. or in this case, night-dreamed.
so basically my foundation of my story was the storyline of this series up until the last chapter. my main conflict was "how will hari comfort her brothers?"
it all played out like this

Hari can actually sing really well(similar to Lippe from Lady Baby). Her voice is SO STRONG that if she really sings with all her emotion, her "voice" will grant her a wish. Of course, with a price.
So, one day, she sees Eugene coming home from work and he goes to his room and stuff. Hari, with her partial insomnia, goes to peep in his room. She hears him crying. That's her "Tick 1" on the emotion scale. She then goes to Cabel's room. Dude, he's been crying all day. Earlier, he was trying not to cry while Hari was also there. But there's something about him trying to hold back his tears while he doesn't know that Hari is listening that makes her click "Tick 2." She then goes to Erich's room. Like every night(before Hari gave him the plushie), he's crying. Maybe because of the influence of the crying from her other brothers, Hari feels horribly pained inside. "Tick 3" is hit. That's the max. Her "inner cup of emotions" overflows.
She feels the sudden urge to sing(again, similar to Lippe). So she does. In front of a window in the middle of their long hallway, she sings her heart out. Butlers and maids gather around. They think she is just conveying her emotions through singing. The three brothers come out. With their tearful faces, they watch and listen in awe of Hari's singing.
They don't realize that something is changing. The air is twitching. There is a slight breeze, even though there are no open windows. All is silent, except for the powerful notes of Hari's voice. And then they see it. A god? Not quiet. A deity? Not really. A spirit? Yes. A spirit appears, slowly floating down to Hari. No words are spoken, but all the servants and Hari know what the spirit whispers. "What is your wish?"
Hari screams in the loudest voice her child body can muster, "Exchange my life for my mom and dad! This is already my second life, and I've lived enough! Give them their life back!"
Once again, no words spoken, but an ominous "Wish, granted."
Everyone falls asleep. "Pretend this was all a dream. Live your life well. I'll be waiting for good results." Hari says with her last breath.
She too, falls "asleep."
Everyone wakes up again the next morning. Confused of their whereabouts, they look around. Suddenly, a voice kindly announces, "Did you all have a good sleep? Goodness, you must have terrible back pain now after sleeping on the hard ground."
All heads turn to the voice. They see the heads of the house. What could they do but start crying?
For forever more, no one could remember the beloved spirit of "Hari." All they could remember was "the spirit who saved our family."
And in Nevermore, a girl watches over them, chained by the shackles of The Promised Neverland, awaiting her escape, or doom.
The End

Excuse me??? Um, if you need a freelance writer call me??? Kek lmao no

Dex-chan lover
Well this is annoying
If she has an adult mentality, surely theres more she could do

I tried so hard not to read and try to wait for more chapters but I just CAAAANNNNNTTTTTTTT

Ty for the update, this story is so sweet <3

Dex-chan lover
Uuuugh. This hurts. And the aunt feels like she's hostile to Cabel too for some reason?
...What's her game, here?

Geez these kids are high-maintenance. I mean, they have issues built up so it makes sense, but really. She's giving up so much just to make life easier on them. I thought that was the opposite of what she planned to do the first time around? Aaaaaaaahhhh.

At the very least, you'd think she could request a different tutor. "Auntie teaches way too different from mother, so I want to try someone else."

Awwww Hari is trying so hard to keep them all together. And it's really sad she can't say anything about the damned aunt, because of Eugene and Erich.
Moreover, that "What's stupid is if you can't cry when you need to." hit hard. It's like she's blaming herself for not being able to show emotions for her parents' death. So sad. ಥ╭╮ಥ

@Talestira Whoa. Where's that surprised Pikachu face when you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread