Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 31

It’s so heartbreaking how realistic this story is. Even if I had all my current knowledge that I do now and I was sent to relive my life at 7 years old, there’s only so much I could honestly do to try to avoid the tragedies and unfortunate situations I’ve had. I think I too would have become more considerate (as I would hopefully be better at regulating my emotions and paying attention to others) but other than that...

This story may not be happy, but there’s something really touching about it. Thank you for the updates <333

uuuuuh do y’all realize that even if she is an adult on the inside, she’s still a little kid. yeah, it’s frustrating, but be a little realistic. even if she does tell eugene about what’s happening there’s probably little that he could even do since he too is still technically a kid and it’s plainly obvious that the adults have it out for him AND the other siblings. so stop bringing negativity to the comments by saying she’s “useless” when she doesn’t really have anyone on her side yet that has enough power to get rid of these vultures that are supposedly family. if you don’t like the comic so damn much then drop it.

Dex-chan lover
Man, why are some of ya'll so fucking retarded? If you're dropping this, then good riddance. 🙄🙄 If you can't understand why she can't do anything and are calling her "useless" you might as well drop it too.

Guys she's still a little kid! How is she going to help her older brother while she's a kid too?! She might be an adult in her head but ultimately she's going up against a whole bunch of adults who are all at their throats, family that might accept her but still doesn't have blood ties with her(so it isn't her place to say anything or help out), and with people thinking she's just a kid too. It's literally so hard and she's clearly traumatized by that family too. How're you gonna stop a whole murder-takeover scheme if you're not just a kid, but an outsider too? She ain't OP in any way either so ya'll gotta stop. She's trying her best to help her brothers as a fellow victim of abuse; it's realistic.

I like this new trend of...✨i n t e l l i g e n c e✨ in the comment section below me. It really was frustrating me in the comment section of A Stepmother's Märchen and I basically left a whole rant about how they should chill and along the similar lines of yall's comments. it wasn't in a recent chapter, it was in one of the earliest chapters(cuz those comments started dying out real soon cuz Shulli is..yea she's great). but I was still mad and frustrated at their lack of understanding that we're all human, and being human includes struggling with memory and complex planning. You take 10 years of BAD memories and experience, shove it into your child self's brain in the past, and expect her to recall every detail(omitting the possibility that she might've purposely forgotten cuz TRAUMA), and organize all of that into a plan that will miraculously change the 10 years that she has to start ALL OVER AGAIN(a lot of pressure that would take a while for most people to adapt to). But look at her, she's coping well, she obviously has a plan(might not be perfect, but she's working with what she's got). she's gotten closer to all of them even tho it hasn't been fully realized by either side, so she's changed things quite a bit(which is the whole point--cuz the main conflict was her awful relationship with her brothers). It's her+a long list of memories and maybe her brothers VERSUS all of society/greedy adults trying to take them all down. (green-hair-prince-charming/i-forgot-his-name and his fam probably have no idea and they busy with their own life.)

Urgh. I should be doing homework rn, but.... I cant, I've read the first 4 pages of comments and I just have to take this off. So here I go.

To all the stupid kNoW-iT-AlL in the comments:
BEING AN ADULT MENTALLY IS THE ONLY ADVANTAGE SHE HAS OVER HER PAST LIFE. You think knowing what will happen is also an advantage? You think she has soooooooo many options to choose from? Well read this.

First, if you haven't read the manhwa yet, I reccomend you do it, because last time I checked, she was friggin 8 (9?) y/o. NO ONE truly listens to you at 8-9 y/o in our day and age, much less in this presumably 19th century ish.
Second, being a child comes with other inconveniences, like the fact that she can't just go create a business out of nowhere, like some other fls do.
Third, she can't tell any adult off, nor can she kick them out, because she's a child and she "has no right to speak against an adult", never mind the fact that she's an illegitimate daughter.
Fourth, she can't tell Eugene either. You saw how impotent Eugene is, do you REALLY believe him knowing is going to solve everything? He's already surpassed by the immense charge he has to take on, he had not time to grief for his parents, he sees two of his siblings broken and on top of that you want to add the third one being abused by a relative who should be helping him? Do you want the poor kid to break down?
Fifth, what else can she do? What did you expect? Because she has her past life memories she'll miraculously solve EVERYTHING? WELL BREAKING NEWS THE FUTURE HAS CHANGED, THOSE MEMORIES ARE ONLY REFERENCE, IF NOT A BURDEN NOW.
Sixth, besides, those memories are traumatic for her. It is, after all, years and years of abuse as a child, not as an adult mentally. She probably forgot some of them, purposely or not, and others can be blurry, because ITS BEEN FKN 10 YEARS. You're a genius if you remember what happened in detail 10 YEARS AGO. Even general key events can be forgotten over years.
Seventh, if you think they can just leech off the other family you're dead wrong. They're friends yes, but THEY HAVE THEIR OWN LIVES. They can't always be there for Hari and company.

They have their hands tied for now. Slow and steady, as I've seen someone say in the comments below, the four of them can overcome this impediment. The best thing the can do for now is staying together and trusting each other, slowly pushing intruders away, while they grow up, and then just kick them all out when they'll be able to. Which they're already doing. But that's pretty much it.

Also, @iwannachew and everyone else who has the finesse of a true reader, thank you.

P.S.: I have just as much to say to those complaining about the story in general but I'm tired and I'll just leave here.

The least they could do is gather together as a family and have a heart to heart talk and be united. Communication is key. Everyone is suffering because each of them keeps their own feeling and avoid talking to each other because they afraid to hurt another. Hello, it’s a family crisis. They should have at least sit down, talk, and discuss the states they are in and how to face the future. It can be a strategy if for the moment they want to keep staying low and grit their teeth accepting the abuse, but it should be done after everyone is aware of their own situation. I don’t see why it’s difficult to do for her to at least gather them together and have a talk. Being a kid doesn’t mean you can’t have an honest and serious talk. Honesty will improve their trust and bonds as a family. But the problem is no one is doing that. Not even the MC, who is supposed to be more mature. Keeps bottling up everything and it will be very easy for each of them to get manipulated by outsiders, on top of having severe depression. Soon it will be too late until someone in the family becomes a worser victim.

Anyway, I think I have to lower my expectations a lot about this novel. Although it has the same author with who made me a princess, the reviews and ratings for the completed novel so far is very average. If the latter has 9.5/10 or 4.8/5, this novel only has 7.5/10 or 3.8/5, so yeah not so great. From the reviews, it seems like
she is going to end up with one of the brothers; however the romance is sudden but flat, it just happens and then comes the ending; the ML character will have the least development it seems and be less interesting, just like any character with 2D personality. People also said that the most interesting part of the novel is the first 2 volumes, which means the chapters we have read now is the best written part in the novel, so I guess if you hate this already, I don’t see how you can like the later part of the story, which is supposed to be less interesting.

They all shared a tragic experience and they all knew they all had to tread carefully considering the sensitive situation. Hari, despite knowing of the "future" she knows, is experiencing an entirely different timeline. She may be emotionally and mentally mature, but she's still under the shock of not being able to save the Ernst couple despite knowing the future.

Thank you for translating this chapter, I hope the team is safe and sound! :)

Hari's reincarnation (?) Memories served as a way to stabilize her and bring the family closer. Instead of feeding into dysfunction she tried to face it head on. She herself tried not to become the "golden child" of the siblings and give more room for the other kids to get affection. Cabel became more respectful and mindful of her. Ehrich acknowledged her more. Oldest brother (forgot his name) accepted her more into the family.

This worked as a butterfly effect where the eldest reached out to his parents again about the mom's mental health.

Things seem harder for the family because they got a taste of a healthy atmosphere. The mom was getting help, they were moving past Arianna's death, and Hari was settling into the family. Now they have a new trauma to get past while also juggling new responsibilities.

Things they took for granted, like servants that took care of them have to be watched for signs of betrayal.

For now Hari needs to observe things and see how much the kids have really accepted her after the death of their parents.

When Hari reminisces about her past it sounds like they eventually all calmed down. Even if they annoyed each other. The oldest brother found a proper marriage partner for her and respected her decision regarding it. The second brother was going to walk her down the aisle. The third brother... not sure yet but he didn't seem particularly hateful.

Fed-Kun's army
tougher this time around bc you're actually seeing their pain while holding down your own.
This story is always so tough to read.

Rak your brain girl and actually try do something like learning how to support Eugene rule!
Man why dodn't she go hit the books already >.>

Reading few of the oldest stupid comments saying how uSeLesS the mc is almost made me throw up. So I recommend not seeing them :>

inb4 that aunt and uncle is the one who assasinate them couple lol, i think, just my wild imagination

Users who are viewing this thread