Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 2 Ch. 52

@ginaasofnow @eejil Society in general does not view siblings by marriage and adoptive siblings as incest. That’s why there’s ZERO TABOO in marrying a step-sibling / sibling that’s adopted. Sorry to burst your bubble. It’s only illegal to marry a blood relative. Which they ARE NOT. Like, I said “study up”😂

Eugene has finally become fully aware of his feelings, now it is Hari’s turn to realize what she couldn’t name in the previous chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I appreciate the author touching upon the subject outright though from a story writing perspective because most authors usually drag it out much more or drop the IQ of the characters where they are magically dense about their feelings or other peoples for them.

Finally seeing Eugene's perspective on this, and confirming that his sole duty for the past couple of years was to ensure/prioritize his "family's" happiness over his own even after confirming his own feelings for Hari.

Whether or not he will able to sustain this promise to himself is unlikely from typical romance story writing, but how the author will go about doing this will be interesting to say the least because Hari right now does not see Eugene as a romantic interest at-all only a brother.

Bruh this would be cute if they weren't siblings :( Adopted or not, it's still incest aghhh

this is weird... someone tell this man to hold it in so I can continue reading this without feeling weird...😕

This happened in my family (not immediate), but my father’s aunt’s biological son and adoptive daughter. My uncle never saw his adoptive sister as his sister. He was 14 when she was adopted and she was 10, but he just couldn’t accept someone who didn’t share the same parents as a sibling. He spent most of his time ignoring her when they were younger and he left the house right at 18.🤷🏻‍♀️

fast forward 15 years from that time they announce they want to date and it was TRRRRIIIPPP for the family. 😂 my aunt had a hard pill to swallow but eventually she accepted it. So I GET Eugenes side tbh 🤔 but I would never do this 😂

@Izzydee

I agree with you. For me, as long as there's no blood relation, then it's not incest. Maybe I grew up knowing that, which is why I'm not bothered by this.

And as @misscocoleen said, it happens and people get on with their lives. If anyone is uncomfortable then just drop this. Simple as that. :)

I would feel less troubled about this if Eugene had a less...dark? cast to his affections. Like I understand he is struggling to fight back his emotion but the way he frames his emotions seems to border on obsessive and possessive, which makes me worried...

I feel like I would feel better about this if Eugene and Hari had dated more. I know it isn't really in character, but if they are both each other's first loves...idk, it just hits different as opposed to if they had maybe dated someone else beforehand. I'm almost certain that they will end up getting together (the prince being set up to having a mad crush on Eugene's fiance is too convenient to be anything else but a setup for Eugene and Hari to end up together) and it just...really feels odd that your adopted sibling is your first love.

Incest is defined by social norms, with exception of close biological ties. And since they are not real silblings i don't think its incest. Still weird, but not incest. So I feel a bit for Eugene.

@KinGrove from a storytelling perspective, I feel like it would be quite easy to force a marriage within the family (romantic feelings or otherwise). It was commonly done to keep power within the family, though usually with cousins and not adopted children.

The most natural way this could go is if Eugene continued to hold his feelings but kept them suppressed and life goes on, he marries, she marries. Alternatively, he may never marry and the next heir may be his brother's children.

If they end up forcing a relationship I can't see it feeling like a natural progression - but we already know who the ML is, so it's just a matter of how.

@Kayi_00 I think its weird to and I'm super glad Eugene knows it's weird witch makes me feel bad as well I'm only ating you because real incest like with a sibling or cousin if they have a kid that kid will not be healthy they are more likely to have birth defects and to not be as smart I don't remember exactly what it does but I know it passes on bad genes.

@Your_Dino_Overlord yeah but they aren't blood related whatsoever so the only thing is that she looks like his blood related sister who died which is why this is super fucking weird

eugene and cabel are my favorite characters in this, so i loved this chapter. i want to know them better!!

@Your_Dino_Overlord i think i saw this somewhere before, but kids between biologically related siblings have a higher chance of some diseases or problems that are passed down from the family. since the kid's parents are biologically related, it is very possible for the kid's genes (ex. diabetes, cancer, heart diseases) to be stronger than if their parents weren't biologically tied.

taking this in, technically it's fine, but i guess it's still weird since, obviously, they're siblings.

(sorry for ating you for no big reason, just wanted to share)

Users who are viewing this thread