Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 13

Yep, her rants and all that internal monologue are getting really tiresome. 😑😑 I'll come back when something actually happens, i.e., when she finally does something about her predicament besides whining and raging to herself.

Really want to like this because the FL had a bit of sass but she is also coming across dumb asl...

This is the most realistic ever fl HAHAHS, like come on we are not that smart scheming around HAHA

As much as I like her, she doesn't really do anything. It's getting repetitive. All bark and no bite.

Her: "I don't like him anymore"
Everyone: "Sure thing" (Sarcasm)
Her: "I'll kill you if get in my way"
Her: "I really mean it!"
x10

Dex-chan lover
So like... Any time she starts her inner monologue trash, it is just words that literally does not need to be read and just skipped to understand what is going on, since reading what she thinks is equally as stress inducing as she considers the entire situation to be.

@Chet31 ain't that exactly what trash-talking is supposed to be? It's not like you can go and tell Putin to go f*ck himself in the middle of a speech of his without expecting to come out of there alive, can you?

She looks kinda dumb with all of her choice she want to make. Yup, about the scheming thing. Kinda stupid because she said she want to break the engagement but all of her doing is nothing near to there

Double-page supporter
At first I have hope about the MC, but her character only rants all day without really doing anything noteworthy.
I can at least understand her situation to be difficult because her opponent is the prince, but she's not doing anything to think about a real solution. This MC is so irrational.

Dex-chan lover
@MoonLightXC First off, "trash talking" isn't this, it is what Maxwell Jacob Friedman does on twitter 24/7 like the brilliant individual he is. Second, anyone can just ignore when another person is speaking garbage while here the author is wasting 60% of a great premise per chapter on stuff that literally does not need to be there to understand the story. Third, you really comparing Putin to a comic?

@Chet31 i skipped almost half of this chapter too. Idk why but im getting frustrated for her bc the plot isn’t moving forward hahahah

I know like, why, nothing can go her way.... but like, it's super frustrating right now. It'll probably be better after she meets the heroine and has a real goal other than "put these assholes in their places... and then idk drink tea?". Which kinda puts the current state of the story in perspective for now. Not that much, but I suspect the humor is a placeholder for constant time-skipping.

Honestly, the way they managed to stretch maybe five or six chapters worth of content into thirteen is kind of incredible.

Also, it's hilarious to me how despite being a completely separate person in another's body.... she still reads as exactly the same person as before. The art and jokes are genuinely hilarious, too. It's almost worth the frustration of this slow start just to see her passionate diatribes coupled with that super expressive art.

She probably won't get what she wants until later (and I suspect it'll read better when the bulk of the series is out) but I can at least appreciate the humor until we get there lol

Users who are viewing this thread