Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 24

Group Leader
Aww, not often would you see where isekai character got to see their previous body owner. Would have been good if old melissa still can talk to our girl.

Honestly though if we read between the lines it seems like Jake and OG Melissa were really close as children, so it kinda makes me sad how far him and the OG Melissa drifted apart as they grew. Nothing is more tragic than growing apart (both literally and philosophically) from someone who was once the most precious to you.

This chapter was really heartwarming and heartwrenching. Heartwarming because HeLlO- BABY NINE AND MELISSA ARE SUCH GOALS AND THEIR DYNAMIC IS JUST THE SWEETEST >W<

But then again we get to see a more in-depth take on the OG Melissa. How she had been so lonely as a child, due to Jake studying abroad, her father being a major tsun/kuudere, and Ian basically being a dick since day one. This is where the heartwrenching part comes in. It's a little sugar-coated with some comedic inserts but we get to understand OG Melissa's character a little more than the textbook descriptions we get from the early chapters.

A truly tragic child she was. You don't feel as much sympathy for her circumstances from her adult persona, but this child was basically being neglected (emotionally) her entire life. It wouldn't be hard to imagine her desperation for affection to lead her to the mindset of quite literally, crying for any sort of attention she can get. It had become her developed mechanism in getting people to noticing her.

Can you imagine driving a child to that point of desperation? As well as letting her grow permanently into that? All because the communication between all of the characters suck balls harder than Satan's gay son on steroids.

Oooor it's not that deep and I'm just over thinking it `\|(U^U)|/`

Dex-chan lover
I love og Melissa and I'm so sad everyone in her life let her down and I'm here for our Melissa destroying everyone in her wake as they try to trample all over her and she sets them straight.

aaaaah i thought i was overreacting when i cried because of the previous chapters with ian deliberately hurting melissa and thinking how og melissa really felt i was not wrong and sge deserved every tear i shed that night lol

Lots of people don't take into account that bad people aren't born villains. Their man made. The way you treat kids and how you talk to them as they grown up makes them who they are. As they develop that loneliness turns bitter and defensive.

Villains are just lost and hurt souls who're trying to find ways to cope

Baby Melissa is sooooo cute 🥺. Also like Nine is so adorable ugh they are all the cutes expect the stupid prince -_-

Fed-Kun's army
poor og baby melissa???? she was close to her brother??? she just wanted to be loved??? THE PRINCE WAS ALWAYS A DICK???? aflkjdljk she was so cute but she broke my heart... MELISSA, LIVE WELL FOR BOTH OF YOUR SAKES (even tho you're the same person... kinda? ah confusing fsdljsd)

NINE!!!! AND THE MAIDS!!! EVERYONE CRYING OVER HER??? MY HEART IS SO WARM!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR HER

thank you for the updates!!! this story is the best <3

Users who are viewing this thread