Beware the Villainess!

reu

Dex-chan lover
@KiotheFrail Also I'm saying 80 to 20% odds that you're american or severely underage
Only american culture and education system could produce someone so completely misinformed and yet so highly confident

@reu
i'm american but i've researched about olden timey medieval politics a shit ton, and watched a shit ton of documentaries my dude. ur attempt at getting at me falls flat.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@KiotheFrail this is a setting where a duke has the power to decide who sits on the throne, not exactly 17century France, is it?
By the simple fact that 1. you're just wrong 2. you're american muh attempt at getting u is fully veiny and erect

Also why do you keep saying old timey? The most common subdivisions of western history are ancient, medieval, reformation, enlightenment and modern eras. All completelly different european periods with completely different sociopolitical structures.
Why would you think you'd know anything about the last few millennia just because you saw some guy desacrating homes, graves and places of worship on tv?

Fed-Kun's army
@reu I've come to a point when reading the villainess genre that authors make up a lot of their shit. Lol And have come to the conclusion that I shouldnt expect accuracy.

I am there with you when it came to breaking off her engagement. She should have an equal power to breaking of her engagement with consent from her father rather than the crown prince. And that his blatant cheating should've caused a scandal considering how disrespectful it is to her family and to nobility in general. But author says, where's the fun in that?

@reu
Every monarchy has a different set of rules depending on the country in question.
Most, back in the day, waved absolute power, and women almost never had a say in arranged marriage, especially if royalty is involved. The Prince would have to be the one to dissolve an engagement to uphold Royal reputation and face, we see that in recent history itself with Charles and Diana.
And even considering any of that, this is a Korean comic, you can bet its heavily influenced by Asian culture of monarchs, which was a thousand times stricter...
Also, to everyone reading, you can explain things and express opinions easily without acting condescending and belittling...

@reu it's because old timey is old? excuse me for not using the proper terms smh. just because i'm american doesn't mean my sources are shit. you do realize people can go out and look at proper stuff on the internet and shit? or what, is all the correct information in another language?

@reu Bro you're searching for historical accuracy in an isekai manhwa...... That's not even our world? What are you talking about middle ages and the like?
That's why authors prefer ISEKAI. Cos they can make their own rules for hierarchy??
Like do u search for the historical accuracy for magic in other Isekai stories?
" Oh I hate that Isekai story about that slime coz historically a slime can't do that" Do u understand how stupid and weird that sounds. Same as what I felt for your comment on this.
Weirdo.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Geinx5 It's a bastard actively trying to cut ties with his only lifeline and path to the throne, It's like a hobo with a billionaire grandfather spiting in the old man face's just before he died and left him everything, Or if you're just about to be acquitted of all charges by a black judge and then you screem nigger at the top of your lungs in the middle of the courtroom.
It makes me want to bash my/his head against the nearest wall.
And no "you should have know that this was shit" isn't a good excuse for shit writting.

Ok. So you're trashing a Rom-Com for lacking logic?
And trashing an Isekai for not being historically accurate?
Did you ever stop to think that maybe he's an idiot. That the reason he was portrayed was exactly to put that thought forward??
Buddy just pack up and walk away. You don't like this that's fine. But don't leave reviews that are either trash or make litlle to no sense.
It's like judging an ostrich for its ability to fly.It's not supposed to.
If you don't like this please leave. But don't drop weird stuff that makes no sense. You're not contributing to anything.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Geinx5 I like it, which is why it is so frustating when the core premise is so pants on head retarded.
If it was revealed in the first few chapters that he was a bastard whose life depended on the MC's family I would've dropped it right away and never looked back, but it was a pretty funny and engaging story until the author fleshed out the crown prince's political position.
And may I know what have I said in this thread that doesn't make sense? Pretty curious about that.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Cazzicle My country, Portugal, was formed because a woman, daughter of the King of Castile and Leon and the mother of the then Count of Portucale, got together, out of love and of her own freewill, with a guy of a rival family.
Her son, Count Afonso Henriques, was pretty pissed about this and thus said "Fuck this and fuck this gay country" and declared his independence. This was almonst a thousand years ago
This was a pretty common ocorrence in medival Europe, and unnumbered kingdoms rose and fell through such shenanigans, so to say that "most waved absolute power, and women almost never had a say in arranged marriage, especially if royalty is involved" is pretty silly, don't you think?

I damn love this
But what happened to the updates...??

Also
Since I read spoilers for this.

This has good plot (it gets even better )
Nice characters
Strong FL sweet but not too weak ml (finally something different compared to all :
-
super strong FL super strong ml
Weak FL weak ml
Weak FL super strong ml
-
)
Wonderful art
Sweet and wonderful romance
It's a fantasy so stop putting importance on some historical inaccuracies.
I rate it 8.5/10
Would have given 9 if there was more seriousness in this (as it feels like it should be but the characters take most of the things not seriously)

This is one of the villainess stories I keep re-reading as her behaviour is so satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread