Binetsu Kuukan - Vol. 5 Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
bro, when i at chapter 1, i expect fluff romance with little bit of picey with the whole step sibling only. WTF ?

Dex-chan lover
tEYHlmA.jpg

Dex-chan lover
See, at the very beginning of the chapter, when she had the 'black out but still conscious' thing, the human part of me felt a little bad for her.

But then...
BUT THEN!
Oh, this little bitch and her incel energy. That might not be the best word but I don't know how else to describe it; she (indirectly) gets rejected and immediately chooses violence? And then I'm supposed to feel bad for her?
Bad character. VERY BAD CHARACTER. Shoo! Shoo! Go away now please!

I know... not gonna happen:cry:

Also, I have mixed feelings about Minoru now. I can't tell if he's a bro for following the girl or a simp for following her. I mean, it almost seemed like helping Naoya was an after thought for him.

And he was to soft on Ikuno. She literally just got done sexually assaulting someone. He needed to be a bit harsher on her for her actions; the last thing she deserved at that moment was sympathy.

Well, this was a bad start to my day...

Dex-chan lover
Problem is that she's a terrible person.... maybe only in this case cause of love...

But.... we ONLY have her in this case.

Like, if she kept it all to herself... hell, the fact that she actually tried to find evidence that the step-sibling relationship could work to end her feelings was something I respected...

But this "I'm gay and jealous so I'm going to be a jerk" just isn't endearing...

If it was comic abuse, maybe... but this is real sh*t...

I'm glad to see that the comments aren't somehow forgiving her actions. This is something I see in a lot of comment sections, everyone forgive the cute girl for her terrible behavior because somehow it's fine to be a trash human being if you're cute.

At the beginning of the chapter I did feel bad for her. I mean, having an unrequited love sucks, and the author did a really good job at depicting how it feels. Although I can't entirely relate to her as I am straight and was never confronted to the self-hate/disgust a gay character may feel, I did completely relate to her for the unrequited love part. The whole "I hear my own voice because I'm responding instinctively but at the same time I'm dead inside"? Definitely felt that once.

But then? This bullshit happens? I'm sorry but there is no way I can feel bad for a character who tried to sexually assault someone, and then thought "maybe I should have made it seems as if I was the one being assaulted to put him in trouble".

However, I'm not sure if the author will stress out how unacceptable that is. If anything, I'm even sure that the author will try to make us feel bad for her, and to have us pity her. Unfortunately, in a lot of works, cute girls do get a pass for that kind of shit, which imo is absolutely baffling.

Dex-chan lover
Why they AWLAYS portray lesbian characters as crazy insufferable assholes in most mangas??????????? Fuckin' ell
Haven't you just had bad luck with your selection of manga? You could always read yuri/shoujo-ai. It's just that in straight manga a homosexual character will become a disruption if he/she happens to fall in love with a person from the story's main heterosexual couple. However, such a role will befall even a straight character if they carry a one-sided love for a member of the main couple. In such a role, a heterosexual character is often despicted as insufferable as well, resorting to all sorts of petty schemes. It's quite common in manga.

Group Leader
The Homu lookalike aside, what's the deal with Minoru-kun? He starts following a girl just because she's acting shifty, witnesses her trying to rape his friend and offers unsolicited counseling to her in that friend's bathroom? How does any of it make sense beyond plot convenience? Does he have a crush on her, is it a "I want her because I can't have her" sort of thing? Even though she hasn't been very good to him in the past either.

Dex-chan lover
That was a really bad move, and seeing how she thought about making seem like Naoya attacked her, she will stir more drama in the future by probably blackmailing Amane and Naoya.

I somewhat understand what author-san tried to convey here. By introducing a external factor, the main couple would need to walk into a tightrope to keep their relationship going or it's a means to make them face the consequences about revealing the relationship to their parents.

But doing this in a manga that releases chapter every 3 months, and in a very forceful and out-of-nowhere way? Very bad move...

Don't get me started on the dude that appeared out of nowhere too... :worry:

the all time classic; gay and homophobic
the pacing of this chapter is definitely super wack it really just jumped from "hey these characters are slowly developing their relationship" to just shit happening
i think all of these characters deserved better than whatever the fuck just happened

Dex-chan lover
Are people seriously tagging the homophobia or lesbian-hater label on Ume-tentei as a writer? lmao. Check out her other works first for fucks sake.

The thesis here isn't that lesbians are crazy and full of issues. The thesis here is that Ikuno is crazy and full of issues. If you're projecting Ikuno's characterization here as a statement on an entire demographic, that's a problem on your end.

Users who are viewing this thread